Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

New design for Windows site ?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Niner

Check this :
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/default.aspx

Seems to be nice and clean design.
    One more thing, how the naming conventions of links taken into? Check the main "What's Windows Live? Start Here. (it opens up link http://www.windowslive.com/default.html?ocid=BAN_VISTA_WL_Refresh_Hero_072008)
    So what BAN_VISTA naming convention is? I think it may be Banner but why choose such names as  BAN_VISTA....

• User profile image
    littleguru

Yeah, I have seen that also right now... weird! The website is really cute, but who came up with BAN_VISTA...

• User profile image
    wisemx

That is weird...
    Link is still there: http://www.windowslive.com/default.html?ocid=BAN_VISTA_WL_Refresh_Hero_072008

Look at the tagline:
    This site is hosted for Microsoft by The Wunderman Network

• User profile image
    harumscarum

littleguru said:

Yeah, I have seen that also right now... weird! The website is really cute, but who came up with BAN_VISTA...

That's what happens when engineers run the world.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

littleguru said:

really cute? cats are cute, that's not cute!

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

littleguru said:

deleted

• User profile image
    littleguru

Ion Todirel said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*
    really cute? cats are cute, that's not cute!
    Cute it is Tongue Out Wink I like the design.

• User profile image
    Itslloydhere

I quite like it. I like how the opacity changes with the blue over the piccie... creative Smiley

• User profile image
    CKurt

Itslloydhere said:
    I quite like it. I like how the opacity changes with the blue over the piccie... creative Smiley
    Like it too !

• User profile image
    wkempf

littleguru said:

I'm going to have to guess "BAN" is shorthand for "BANNER", and nobody thought about the consequences of such a naming scheme!

• User profile image
    magicalclick

wkempf said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*
    I'm going to have to guess "BAN" is shorthand for "BANNER", and nobody thought about the consequences of such a naming scheme!
    Catchy name. The big reason there is no need to Vista is because you can use Live Photo Gallery instead of Vista Photo Gallery. And Live Mail Desktop is better than Vista Mail. Maybe they are hinting something.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Harlequin

wkempf said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*
    It's actually part of their new naming conventions for files vendors create, including having the date on it.

• User profile image
    Niner

Harlequin said:
    wkempf said:
    *snip*
    It's actually part of their new naming conventions for files vendors create, including having the date on it.
    But looks odd when one sees "BAN_VISTA....." why not use "BANNER ......" or HEADER or something similar?
    These instructions should be given to Vendors developing these sites.

• User profile image
    xgamer

New www.windows.com  or http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ looks good.

But I am very surprised to look at the content which is still promoting .. IE6 and Outlook Express Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.