Coffeehouse Thread

12 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

E3 Microsoft conference 2008

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Dovella

Starts Monday July 14th 10:30AM PST, 1:30PST.

----------------------------------------------
    Space Reserved for the big news =)

Resident Evil 5 worldwide March 12th 2009
    Fallout 3 this October
    Fable 2 this Fall
    Gears of War 2: November 7 2008
    Banjo Kazooie HOLIDAY
    Viva Pinata 2 HOLIDAY

gamescore blog

NBC and Universal coming to the Marketplace

Megatons
    New Dashboard
    New bunch of party games and seamless experience (UNO RUSH: one wow)
    GEOMETRY WARS 2!
    South Park, Galaga 2
    NETFLIX
    Banjo Kazooie 1 and 2 on XBLA!
    LIPS confirmed

BUNGIE.NET HAS A COUNTDOWN TIMER!
    FINAL FANTASY 13 CONFIRMED FOR 360!

CONGRATULATION MICROSOFT.

gamespot e3 conference

edit..

and games for windows??

• User profile image
    eddwo

Stuff in the update thats long overdue
            Copy  games to HDD, play them without  spinning the DVD constantly!!
                    I was hoping they would announce a smaller, cooler, and quieter 360 compatible, (It's nearly 3 years since it was first available, how long does it take to work in a process shrink and a new case design? What has the hardware design team been up to all this time besides scrambling to resolve the RROD?), but this is the next best alternative. It's really the DVD drive that makes most of the noise, playing arcade games was never as bad. Finally makes shelling out for the 120GB HDD a bit less of a waste of money.

16:10 screen resolutions over VGA!!
                Finally get to run my 1680x1050 HP w2207 screen at it's native resolution, and watch my couple of HD-DVD discs in almost actual HD at last.

• User profile image
    magicalclick

eddwo said:
                    I was hoping they would announce a smaller, cooler, and quieter 360 compatible, (It's nearly 3 years since it was first available, how long does it take to work in a process shrink and a new case design? What has the hardware design team been up to all this time besides scrambling to resolve the RROD?), but this is the next best alternative. It's really the DVD drive that makes most of the noise, playing arcade games was never as bad. Finally makes shelling out for the 120GB HDD a bit less of a waste of money.

Finally get to run my 1680x1050 HP w2207 screen at it's native resolution, and watch my couple of HD-DVD discs in almost actual HD at last.
    What FF13 on X360? If it is not MMO, I am extrememly surprised.
    And Bango 1 and 2 on XBLA? OMGZ, super good new to me since I have never tried them before.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Bass

FF13 is the biggest news there. You should put it at the top.

• User profile image
    Dovella

magicalclick said:
    eddwo said:
    *snip*
    What FF13 on X360? If it is not MMO, I am extrememly surprised.
    And Bango 1 and 2 on XBLA? OMGZ, super good new to me since I have never tried them before.
    Final Fantasy ;D

• User profile image
    littleguru

eddwo said:

I would trade my Xbox 360 immediately if they bring a smaller (and one that produces less noise) to the market.

Xbox 360 Mini Big Smile

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

Netflix and Viva Pinata FTW

• User profile image
    Bas

Hmm. The release date for Fallout 3 and the new Dashboard are the only bits of interesting news for me, to be honest. Netflix is undoubtedly a US only affair again that'll happen in Europe "at a later date" (like the video marketplace, right guys?). The rest are either games I don't care about or neat games coming to XBLA (which isn't really news.)

Wonder what the dashboard update is going to bring, though.

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

Bas said:

Hmm. The release date for Fallout 3 and the new Dashboard are the only bits of interesting news for me, to be honest. Netflix is undoubtedly a US only affair again that'll happen in Europe "at a later date" (like the video marketplace, right guys?). The rest are either games I don't care about or neat games coming to XBLA (which isn't really news.)

Wonder what the dashboard update is going to bring, though.

New look, more expressive avatars, 8 person "parties", etc.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/e32008/

• User profile image
    Bas

HumanCompiler said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    New look, more expressive avatars, 8 person "parties", etc.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/e32008/
    Hey, that new look actually looks pretty good. The current dashboard is a maze of stuff. Can't wait to see that update.

• User profile image
    Yggdrasil

Fallout 3! Fallout 3! Fallout 3! Fallout 3! I'm a bit worried about the 3D Oblivion interface, but still - Fallout 3! Fallout 3! Fallout 3!

• User profile image
    Dovella

littleguru said:
    eddwo said:
    *snip*
    I would trade my Xbox 360 immediately if they bring a smaller (and one that produces less noise) to the market.

Xbox 360 Mini Big Smile
    this would raise sales in Japan

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.