Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Dell Announces Availability of Multi-Touch Drivers for Latitude XT

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Dovella

tablet pc review

The wait is over for all of you Latitude XT Tablet PC owners. Dell finally announced today the availability of a multi-touch driver and firmware package for current XT owners on their Direct2Dell blog. The capacitive touch that made Dell's first Tablet PC stand out against all the competition can be used to its full potential now.

• User profile image
    AndyC

Woohoo! Can't wait to try them out.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

AndyC said:
    Woohoo! Can't wait to try them out.
    Is there actually any Windows software out there that can take advantage of multi-touch right now?

• User profile image
    AndyC

CannotResolveSymbol said:
    AndyC said:
    *snip*
    Is there actually any Windows software out there that can take advantage of multi-touch right now?
    Sounds like their gesture support works in a lot of common apps. I'll let you know how well once they're released. Wink

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

AndyC said:
    CannotResolveSymbol said:
    *snip*
    Sounds like their gesture support works in a lot of common apps. I'll let you know how well once they're released. Wink
    Oh, it's gesture support (didn't read the article).   That makes more sense...  hope there's some API available to developers to be able to take advantage of multi-touch in their own applications besides the built-in gestures.

• User profile image
    Bas

Just when I decided to skip the tablet and go for something with a reasonably sized screen, this comes out. Typical. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

Bas said:
    Just when I decided to skip the tablet and go for something with a reasonably sized screen, this comes out. Typical. Tongue Out
    Tell me something less stupid than "Application requires Dell Latitude XT with multi-touch driver installed"... (whistle)

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    AndyC

BlackTiger said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    Tell me something less stupid than "Application requires Dell Latitude XT with multi-touch driver installed"... (whistle)
    Enhanced features available on Dell Latitude XT with multi touch enabled?

• User profile image
    Bas

BlackTiger said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    I.. what?

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

BlackTiger said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*

"Seeing as though you don't have an Dell XPF FPS 2 TEH MAX, you need to connect an additional mouse to continue" -error

The dumbest I could come up with.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.