Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Search Youtube Spoken content

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Niner

Goog has introduced searching some of the Youtube content to be searched with text. That is to say :
    "...........With the help of our speech recognition technologies, videos from YouTube's Politicians channels are automatically transcribed from speech to text and indexed. Using the gadget you can search not only the titles and descriptions of the videos, but also their spoken content. Additionally, since speech recognition tells us exactly when words are spoken in the video, you can jump right to the most relevant parts of the videos you find. ..........."
     political videos meet Google speech-to-text technology

I think its a very nice feature, it should also be introduced in Soapbox, if its not there.

• User profile image
    Bas

Forget soapbox, what about this stuff on Channel 9? You'd have automatic subtitles for the hard of hearing, and insta-transcripts.

• User profile image
    Raghavendra_​Mudugal

Bas said:
    Forget soapbox, what about this stuff on Channel 9? You'd have automatic subtitles for the hard of hearing, and insta-transcripts.
    my informed consent... and you gave it.

• User profile image
    jonathansam​pson

Bas said:
    It they don't do it to the weekly show, then I doubt it will happen. I've been asking for ages that they mic their talent, but noooooo Smiley The traditional sit-down-and-talk videos don't get much attention outside of shoot, and upload. They're still good, don't get me wrong, but sometimes you need a little extra something, and it seems difficult to persuade ch9 to put "a little extra something" into the videos that need it.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.