58 posts

What would you ask the Tablet PC team?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

scobleizer wrote:
    Terri,

I agree with you. I want that too.

Internally we talk about two experiences: the two foot experience (in other words, your Tablet PC) and the 10 foot experience (in other words, your TV screen, or plasma screen that's on the wall or across the room).

I can see a whole bunch of scenarios where these two experiences work together. In fact, I'm about to buy a Windows Media Center to run the two TVs in my house, and I'd like to see how the Tablet PC fits into that scenario as well.

The Windows Media Center team (and others, including the Longhorn teams) are working on this. I'll try to get an interview with the teams who are working on this stuff so you can see what they are thinking of, and so you can get early access.

Being able to control what appears on the TV screen via a Tablet would be nice, I haven't tried Tablets out or the Media Center edition so I don't know if that is an existing feature.

By the way, a retail Media Center Edition would be great... I'd really like to have Media Center but I built my computer (fully capable of running Media Center) and Media Center is OEM only. ^_^;;

• User profile image
    HopScotch

Mark Richman wrote:

As a Microsoft platform developer for over 10 years, I would like to congratulate your team on the finest 1.0 product release I’ve seen yet! Not only does the hardware and software work beautifully, but the Tablet PC SDK is powerful and simple. I have yet to work with the new 1.7 SDK, but I did have some negative experiences working with the SDK in developing my product.

Hi Mark:

I work on the Tablet PC SDK. I would love to get your feedback on how we could improve it. Will you tell me about your negative experiences?

Thanks,
     - Mark

Mark Hopkins

Programmer Writer
    Microsoft Tablet PC SDK

• User profile image
    qwert231

Can I get a tablet PC that fits in one hand, so I can write with the other. Bigger than a PDA, but small enough so that I don't have to sit down and put it on my lap to write?

• User profile image
    terri

qwert231 wrote:
    Can I get a tablet PC that fits in one hand, so I can write with the other. Bigger than a PDA, but small enough so that I don't have to sit down and put it on my lap to write?

Many of the slates and convertibles can easily be held in one hand when writing with the other.  I often use mine when standing.  It rests on my wrist with my hand holding the edge.  Some have cases with straps on the back that make it even easier to use with one hand.

I wouldn't want to have to do this with the 14" models, but the 10 and 12" work well.  The weight ranges from 2.2 lbs (NEC) to 3.4 for the larger models.

I know this isn't the place to advertise, but there's a comparison chart of all available Tablet PCs on my website with specs, including weights at http://thetabletpc.net/comparison.htm

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.