Coffeehouse Thread

24 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

I think hell froze over ...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Ray7

I ... I can't be sure, but this looks like ... naaah ... well .... I dunno ... is it?

... An apology?

More details on Engadget, who are also reporting on the sensational reappearance of Lord Lucan ....

• User profile image
    Minh

I'd like to see a similar mea culpa from MS for Vista. Anyone?

• User profile image
    stevo_

Minh said:
    Nope

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Minh said:
    I thought you were gonna say: I'd like to see a similar mea culpa from C9 for C9v4. Anyone?

• User profile image
    Ray7

TommyCarlier said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*
    I thought you were gonna say: I'd like to see a similar mea culpa from C9 for C9v4. Anyone?
    Yeah, I'd llike to see that ...

This is the slowest, buggiest forum I've come across ...

• User profile image
    stevo_

Ray7 said:
    TommyCarlier said:
    *snip*
    Yeah, I'd llike to see that ...

This is the slowest, buggiest forum I've come across ...

Mmm, yea - v4 has some nice things, but really its fight has always been to "be as good as v3".. its never really blown me away, the ajax stuff blows because browsers dont handle state well, still tons of weird errors, such as the page templating.. and the design choice to offer 'last read post' link vs having access to page numbers annoys me..

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Minh said:
    I'd like to see a mea culpa for Windows ME, that was failure. + full refund.

• User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

Minh said:
    As far as I know, Microsoft already admitted that they screwed up on the development process and the marketing.

What else do you want them to say, that Vista sucks?

This is what I mean when I say people want Microsoft to apologize for problems that don't exist.

• User profile image
    littleguru

brian.shapiro said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*
    As far as I know, Microsoft already admitted that they screwed up on the development process and the marketing.

What else do you want them to say, that Vista sucks?

This is what I mean when I say people want Microsoft to apologize for problems that don't exist.

Can't see anything in the Apple response that Mobile Me sucks Wink

• User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

littleguru said:
    brian.shapiro said:
    *snip*

Can't see anything in the Apple response that Mobile Me sucks Wink

Ok sure but Microsoft has already admitted a lot . Maybe not on the right level it should have, direct to consumers, but they've said they made mistakes. And Vista doesn't suck, it still falls short in many ways, but doesn't suck, so no matter what they communicate, they have to make sure people know Vista doesn't suck.

• User profile image
    Bas

Cool that they dare to fess up about their mistakes. *cough*UltimateExtras*cough* The paragraph about push is pretty funny though. Especially how their use of the word "Push" is "a snag they ran into." How does that work? "Hey, what the? We can't seem to stop saying push! That's going to be a problem! Why didn't we catch this in beta?"

And hey, who would have thought? I guess push doesn't mean 'pull every 15 minutes' after all.

• User profile image
    Minh

Bas said:
    Cool that they dare to fess up about their mistakes. *cough*UltimateExtras*cough* The paragraph about push is pretty funny though. Especially how their use of the word "Push" is "a snag they ran into." How does that work? "Hey, what the? We can't seem to stop saying push! That's going to be a problem! Why didn't we catch this in beta?"

And hey, who would have thought? I guess push doesn't mean 'pull every 15 minutes' after all.
    After a bit of Googling, I was surprised to find this:

• User profile image
    stevo_

Minh said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*

Technically shouldn't the sign off be from the Windows team, or Microsoft, because you talk about Windows 7 as "we", when we refers to the Vista team..

Plus, thats fake as hell..

• User profile image
    Minh

TommyCarlier said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*
    TommyCarlier said:

What's the conversion rate for "Thank you for your patience" to "Sorry for C9v4"? I got a lot of the former Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Minh

stevo_ said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*
    Technically shouldn't the sign off be from the Windows team, or Microsoft, because you talk about Windows 7 as "we", when we refers to the Vista team..

stevo_ said:

You, sir, have offended me! By calling into question my integrity! To duel!

• User profile image
    jamie

Minh said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*

im hoping you just stumbled across the new ad campaign...

• User profile image
    JChung2006

stevo_ said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*

What gave it away?  The bit about Microsoft giving away free copies of Windows 7 to Vista users? Wink

• User profile image
    Dovella

Minh said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*

e stop NOW!!!

VISTA for now remains the best operating system at 360 degrees.

Generic Forum Image

Leading small business applications—including software from Adobe, Autodesk, Avanquest, CA, Corel, Intuit, McAfee, Sage, Symantec, and Trend Micro—and thousands of others are compatible with Windows Vista.

Generic Forum Image

Windows Vista now supports 77,000 printers, cameras, speakers and other devices and components—more than double the number supported at launch.

Generic Forum Image

Efficiency improvements. According to an independent survey, 62 percent of small businesses said Windows Vista SP1 saves them time, and 70 percent said that it makes them more productive.

Generic Forum Image

Those who try it like it. Small businesses that use it are up to three times more favorable toward Windows Vista.

Generic Forum Image

Stronger security. Windows Vista SP1 has fewer than half the security vulnerabilities of Windows XP. It's also 60 percent less likely to be infected by spyware or malware than Windows XP SP2. Windows Vista is the most secure Windows release to date.

Generic Forum Image

More peace of mind. Help safeguard your precious data with the new Windows Backup and Restore Center and Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption.*

*Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption is available in Windows Vista Ultimate and Windows Vista Enterprise.

For additional information, review the Windows Vista Help and How-to.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.