Coffeehouse Thread

12 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Mesh update

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Refrax

more people can come online now
    http://www.mesh.com

but i still want to get my hands on a SDK

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol
  • User profile image
    Sabot

Already there. I have to say it is rather cool. OK, so it is similar to FolderShare and Live Drive at the moment until the SDK comes out.

However, I do worry about security and virus's so I'm not commiting anything to it that is confidential and set my anti-v to scan the Mesh Folders afew times a day ... am I just paranoid???????????????????????????????? Huh? Wotwasthat?

• User profile image
    bitdisaster

Sabot said:
    Already there. I have to say it is rather cool. OK, so it is similar to FolderShare and Live Drive at the moment until the SDK comes out.

However, I do worry about security and virus's so I'm not commiting anything to it that is confidential and set my anti-v to scan the Mesh Folders afew times a day ... am I just paranoid???????????????????????????????? Huh? Wotwasthat?
    I'm on the waitinglist since several month's but nothing happens.
    Sad

• User profile image
    Bas

more people can come online now

Cool, but why still the dumb English locale requirement? Why are they making people jump through unnecessary hoops to test their stuff?

section31, I have one invite left if you want to post your email address here.

• User profile image
    Dexter

Bas said:

*snip*

Cool, but why still the dumb English locale requirement? Why are they making people jump through unnecessary hoops to test their stuff?

section31, I have one invite left if you want to post your email address here.

What do you need the invite for? I just signed it earlier without any invite, that was the whole point of "more people can come online now".

• User profile image
    Bas

Dexter said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    What do you need the invite for? I just signed it earlier without any invite, that was the whole point of "more people can come online now".
    Well, even better then.

• User profile image
    Bass

This will be interesting when/if a SDK comes out. I also wonder if it will stay a free service (at least for personal use).

• User profile image
    Bas

Bass said:
    This will be interesting when/if a SDK comes out. I also wonder if it will stay a free service (at least for personal use).
    That's what I'm wondering too. I figure it'll get incredibly expensive to host all that data, but on the other hand, if they want this to become a platform, so that developers will write their applications for Mesh, they need to have a huge install base. And while I could imagine the average majority going "Sure, I'll install that if I need it for X" when it's free (You don't need to pay for .NET or for registering a Live ID either, after all), I don't see people going "Sure, I'll pay for this... sync.. platform.. technology.. program" and drop $29 on it every year. I think that for Mesh to become a success, it needs a huge install base, and to get a huge install base, it should be free.

Then again, how would they profit from it? Licensing?

• User profile image
    Jon Monreal

section31 said:
    Sabot said:
    *snip*
    Sad
     I originally signed up not long after the service came out, and got accepted almost instantly. This was through Connect however.

Maybe you should take a look at the site and see if you are indeed on the waiting list.

I just wish it was possible to invite a limited number of people, I would send you an invite if I could.

• User profile image
    Ray7

Mmm ... crashes IE7 when it tries to load an ActiveX control.

• User profile image
    Bas

section31 said:
    Sabot said:
    *snip*
    Sad
    Wait, do you mean the early developer look waiting list? I think everyone is still waiting for that one.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.