Coffeehouse Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Help Me Get My Own Back

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Itslloydhere

This seems to happen more and more these days - idiots at my school sign up for new email addresses, add my Live Messenger, goof around and request graphic work - then laugh about it with printed transcripts of my conversation the next day. I'm starting to get a little narked, to be honest, and so when what I suspect to be a similar conversation just popped up, I thought I'd come to good ol' C9 for some help.

Any ideas on just how I could turn the tables and get my own back? Preferably leading them into a trap which makes them look stupid... to discourage further pranks. I don't even know how they found out about it, though it is mentioned on my blog.. and those of you who visit it will know I get a constant barrage of insults from idiot peers in my comments.

Sucks to be me but maybe I'll be able to get my own back... I'm "out for a couple of hours" with the promise to get back to them.. work your magic guys'n'gal Tongue Out

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Short answer: no; you don't.

Better solution: Get a new IM address and do not give it out to anyone.

• User profile image
    Itslloydhere

W3bbo said:
    Short answer: no; you don't.

Better solution: Get a new IM address and do not give it out to anyone.

I go to a school where everybody is connected via IM. Keeping an address secret is hard, considering they seem to be passed along to anybody who asks for one. So no, that isn't an option. I was thinking of getting a seperate one for business, but I think that's a little difficult now that lots of my customers have this address - and I wouldn't want to discourage any word of mouth due to complexities over which address to use.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.