Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Need to know a movie name :(

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    TheOldThing

Well, a few years back (that being probably before 2000 but im not sure) i saw a movie on TV that i thought was good at the time.

Now at this time i tried my hardest to find out what that movie was called, for some reason i remember it being called either Route 66 or Highway 66 (or something that contains either Highway or Route Tongue Out)

What i can remember from that movie is that they were a bunch of people who stole cars and drove them into the back of lorries on the move.

One part i can remember is them bugging a car with a 'smoke grenade' to make the car look like it had something wrong with it. The driver of the car then stopped to try and see what the problem was. AFter that the people came up and offered to help the driver in distress to see what the problem was, they then got in the car, started it up and then drove away (because there was nothing wrong with it)

I have no idea what the car was and i seem to recall it being blue with 2 white stripes..

Some of the oldies on here may remember it, i hoped i could too but i just couldnt find that movie..

Id say the movie was pretty modern and wasnt oldish.

Ive looked on IMDB at what they have and none of it is just what i remember watching..

Hope someone knows someone who knows what it is, or someone knows what it is!!

Thanks in advance

</life story>

• User profile image
    jamie

gone in 60 seconds?

• User profile image
    TheOldThing

jamie said:
    gone in 60 seconds?
    Not that Tongue Out

• User profile image
    jamie

TheOldThing said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*
    Not that Tongue Out
    "people who steal cars - called something 66 " ... i took a shot Smiley

• User profile image
    PerfectPhase

Wasn't there something like that in Beverly Hills Cop III?

• User profile image
    csv

CHiPs 99

From synopsis:

"On the streets of L.A., the car thieves plant a device on a blue Dodge Viper. Out on the freeway, they push a button and cause the car to smoke. When the driver pulls over, they steal the car just like last time."

Synopsis here:
    http://www.chips-tv.com/Guide/Episode/1.shtml

• User profile image
    TheOldThing

csv said:
    CHiPs 99

From synopsis:

"On the streets of L.A., the car thieves plant a device on a blue Dodge Viper. Out on the freeway, they push a button and cause the car to smoke. When the driver pulls over, they steal the car just like last time."

Synopsis here:
    http://www.chips-tv.com/Guide/Episode/1.shtml

Im pretty sure it wasnt CHiPs - from what i saw of that its only a TV series, and seems .. 'old' whereas what im after is a movie

• User profile image
    csv

TheOldThing said:
    csv said:
    *snip*
    Im pretty sure it wasnt CHiPs - from what i saw of that its only a TV series, and seems .. 'old' whereas what im after is a movie
    Ok, but CHiPs 99 was a movie and was released in 1998; 15 years after the original series. It was a made for TV (reunion) movie.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.