Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Travelle's Cheque - I need some info

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Raghavendra_​Mudugal

Hello everyone!

can i have any of your personal experience on using traveller's cheque if you go from one country to another (where curreny is different)?

(no online articles..please; i have read couple of them, but,  need to listen some real time experience from you all. My uncle is visiting to canada for 3 to 4 months from india, so just to get the information as i have never experienced it personally.)

Please contribute your saying. Thanks in advance.

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

I've used them before when visiting Tanzania from the UK.  They're fairly safe to use (you sign them once when you receive them, and then you sign them a second time when you use them to prove that you are the rightful owner).
    We didn't use them for day-to-day purchases, we converted them at banks a few at a time; this meant that we weren't carrying large amounts of cash, which felt safer.

Herbie

• User profile image
    blowdart

Dr Herbie said:
    I've used them before when visiting Tanzania from the UK.  They're fairly safe to use (you sign them once when you receive them, and then you sign them a second time when you use them to prove that you are the rightful owner).
    We didn't use them for day-to-day purchases, we converted them at banks a few at a time; this meant that we weren't carrying large amounts of cash, which felt safer.

Herbie

Having said that a credit card is usually easier; and cheaper.

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

blowdart said:
    Dr Herbie said:
    *snip*
    Having said that a credit card is usually easier; and cheaper.

Yeah, in Canada that's probably true. I'd investigate with the credit card company first to ensure there aren't additional charges (or terrible exchange rates) when using abroad.

Herbie

• User profile image
    Raghavendra_​Mudugal

Dr Herbie said:

Herbie

Thanks Dr.Herbie. Feels better now.  Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.