Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Is there any way to enable "Hand" in Vista (IE, Outlook) on non-tablet hardware?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    BlackTiger

Is there any way to enable "Hand Tool" in Vista (IE, Outlook) on non-tabletPC hardware?

Decision to enable this feature on TabletPC only was extremely stupid...

I'm using this feature in Firefox for ages ("Grab and Drag" plug-in), it's very useful.
    Especially for people who sick and tired of scrollbars and even "scroll" button.

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

Collegue tells me it's part of the mouse driver you install,...

I.E. Tablet mouse (pen) has this feature installed.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Maddus Mattus said:
    Collegue tells me it's part of the mouse driver you install,...

I.E. Tablet mouse (pen) has this feature installed.
    It is part of the mouse driver (like Maddus said). At home I have a Wacom tablet (not TabletPC) and Vista has all the pen-stuff enabled, even when I'm using the mouse.

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

TommyCarlier said:
    Maddus Mattus said:
    *snip*
    It is part of the mouse driver (like Maddus said). At home I have a Wacom tablet (not TabletPC) and Vista has all the pen-stuff enabled, even when I'm using the mouse.
    Part of mouse driver... Sounds stupid and ridiculous... WHY?!?!?
    Why FF plug-in doesn't require "special" mouse driver? Same as Adobe Reader...
    What's so special in "MouseDown+MouseMove+MouseUp"?

It reminds me "SQL Autocomplete" in MS tools... A lot solutions from different vendors, but only MS sees "difficulties"...

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.