Coffeehouse Thread

11 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Problems with Channel 9

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    littleguru

I get a lot of errors that the pages can't open (IE error pages) and otherwise Channel 9 is veeeeery slow... Is something wrong again?

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Yeah, been pretty nasty since I came on this morning.

• User profile image
    PerfectPhase

Yep the performance has been shocking for the last few days Sad

• User profile image
    Sampy

PerfectPhase said:

Yep the performance has been shocking for the last few days Sad
    We're on it.

• User profile image
    vesuvius

It has just taken me 10 minutes to get to channel9.msdn.com. Posting this reponse, you click on reply, nothing happens although feedback is supplied in the status bar, then it goes to done.

This has been the way for a few days now, coupled with Firefox 3 login problems, I've just about had enough.

• User profile image
    jh71283

vesuvius said:
    It has just taken me 10 minutes to get to channel9.msdn.com. Posting this reponse, you click on reply, nothing happens although feedback is supplied in the status bar, then it goes to done.

This has been the way for a few days now, coupled with Firefox 3 login problems, I've just about had enough.
    same here, on all counts...

• User profile image
    Sampy

vesuvius said:

Days? I've seen nothing but quick performance until this morning. We're working on isolating why it's happening and getting it fixed.

Also, what are the Firefox 3 login issues? I'm posting this from FF3 and I'm logging in fine. I've been use FF3 quite a bit (mostly for Firebug, a little for testing) to come to C9 on multiple machines for weeks with no problems.

EDIT: To be clear on the performance, it's been fast since I made the last perf update last week. Before that there was intermittent slowness.

• User profile image
    littleguru

Sampy said:
    vesuvius said:
    *snip*
    Days? I've seen nothing but quick performance until this morning. We're working on isolating why it's happening and getting it fixed.

Also, what are the Firefox 3 login issues? I'm posting this from FF3 and I'm logging in fine. I've been use FF3 quite a bit (mostly for Firebug, a little for testing) to come to C9 on multiple machines for weeks with no problems.

EDIT: To be clear on the performance, it's been fast since I made the last perf update last week. Before that there was intermittent slowness.
    It's freaking fast again... what was the issue?

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Sampy said:
    vesuvius said:
    *snip*

No, there's been slowness for days. Especially on clicking the page buttons(on page 1, going to page 2), the rotating animation will sit there for 10+ seconds, I guess loading the next page via Ajax. Doing replies and hitting Add, also getting the loading animation, again I guess the response is sent via Ajax and the page is reloaded via Ajax.

If Ajax is bring used in this way I would say it falls under the "Why is Ajax used here?" category.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Sampy said:
    vesuvius said:
    *snip*

I've been seeing intermittent slowness for the last few days, too.  Sometimes it's really snappy, sometimes it's really slow.

• User profile image
    vesuvius

Sampy said:
    vesuvius said:
    *snip*

Yes it is quick now (really quick!).

Posting is when I've had problems with FF3, so I've resolved to post in IE and had fewer glitches. Will monitor it over the next few days.

Thank You.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.