Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Vista ??? 180 Million Licenses Sold !!GO!!!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Dovella

Microsoft Proves Vista Is Not a Failure with 180 Million Licenses Sold

- Sales of the operating system exploded after SP1

LINK Softpedia

Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile

bye bye Leo

• User profile image
    PaoloM

No link no worky Smiley

• User profile image
    Dovella
  • User profile image
    littleguru
  • User profile image
    Dovella
  • User profile image
    TommyCarlier

PaoloM said:
    No link no worky Smiley
    Paolo, that was funny. But you forgot the exclamation marks. And you used lowercase letters.

• User profile image
    Dovella

TommyCarlier said:
    PaoloM said:
    *snip*
    Paolo, that was funny. But you forgot the exclamation marks. And you used lowercase letters.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• User profile image
    Dovella

Dovella said:
    TommyCarlier said:
    *snip*
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and now from arstechnica

WOW

if it had not been a mistake, pirates had to help microsoft to print the dvd? Big Smile

• User profile image
    blowdart

Dovella said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*
    and now from arstechnica

WOW

if it had not been a mistake, pirates had to help microsoft to print the dvd? Big Smile

I wonder how many of those "sales" are in use. As Ars points out it doesn't count "back"grades. And no-doubt that also includes the potential pre-installed licenses on hardware that hasn't be sold yet.

• User profile image
    Ray7

blowdart said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*
    I wonder how many of those "sales" are in use. As Ars points out it doesn't count "back"grades. And no-doubt that also includes the potential pre-installed licenses on hardware that hasn't be sold yet.
    Exactly.

For all we know, half those licenses could be sitting in Dell's warehouse or something.

The only measure that I pay attention to is the internet use measure. It's not perfect, but at least it gives some indication of who is using what.

According to the last set of figures, Vista is successfully eating away at XP's share, but MacOSX (and to a lesser extent Linux) are chipping away at the Windows share overall.

• User profile image
    Dovella

Ray7 said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*
    Exactly.

For all we know, half those licenses could be sitting in Dell's warehouse or something.

The only measure that I pay attention to is the internet use measure. It's not perfect, but at least it gives some indication of who is using what.

According to the last set of figures, Vista is successfully eating away at XP's share, but MacOSX (and to a lesser extent Linux) are chipping away at the Windows share overall.

Hey Guy

when you buy a Mac , Apple give you Ubuntu??

edit

when Dell has received the petition with 120 thousand signatures to produce PC with Ubuntu, 
     Dell said ok no problem  

Dell Produce 100 mil. PC with Ubuntu
    Dell sales 40 mil. PC with Ubuntu   

60 mil PC Dell convert in Xp e Vista Computer    
    A voice told me that the next petition, Dell respond with a kick  in the @@@@@ to linux user
    (irony not to be misunderstood) Wink

• User profile image
    rasmasyean

blowdart said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*

OK here’s some rough calculations:

16.14% of net users are Vista
    http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=11

1.4 billion users
    http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm

Assuming the usage rate is consistent around the world…
    1.4 billion * 16.14% = 226 million users

The only way the user base would be significantly less than this number is if for some reason, Vista users surf the internet WAY MORE than all other OS's to skew the percentage up to 16.14%.  I highly doubt this.  And it’s probably more likely that that some Vista users don’t use the internet much because it’s for work mostly.  Hence more likely there are more than 226 million Vista users.

• User profile image
    Dovella

rasmasyean said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*

OK here’s some rough calculations:

16.14% of net users are Vista
    http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=11

1.4 billion users
    http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm

Assuming the usage rate is consistent around the world…
    1.4 billion * 16.14% = 226 million users

The only way the user base would be significantly less than this number is if for some reason, Vista users surf the internet WAY MORE than all other OS's to skew the percentage up to 16.14%.  I highly doubt this.  And it’s probably more likely that that some Vista users don’t use the internet much because it’s for work mostly.  Hence more likely there are more than 226 million Vista users.

+ Piracy  Vista

• User profile image
    rasmasyean

Dovella said:
    rasmasyean said:
    *snip*
    + Piracy  Vista

Yah really.  Chances are that Vista adoption in the “rich” hitslink logged nations is held back a little by the expense of Vista.  So that could mean that other “poorer” nations have a much greater than 16.14% Vista market penetration since you can like buy it at the local fruit shop for like $1, etc.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_sof_pir_rat-crime-software-piracy-rate

I wouldn’t be surprised if the real Vista number of users pushes over 300 million.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.