Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Microsoft Fiji beta over; final ‘TV Pack’ due soon

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Dovella

Microsoft is done testing “Fiji,” its update to Windows Media Center and is preparing to release the product — officially known as “Windows Media Center TV Pack 2008.”.............

Full article Mary Jo Foley

• User profile image
    Bas

What the? No DirectTV? OEM only? No wonder there was such an information lockdown. I guess they didn't want anybody to know how lame this release is gonna be.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Bas said:
    What the? No DirectTV? OEM only? No wonder there was such an information lockdown. I guess they didn't want anybody to know how lame this release is gonna be.
    Indeed you have to buy a new pc to get this OEM package.

I still stand by my argument that some people at Microsoft needs to have certain limbs amputated.

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

yman said:
    ZippyV said:
    *snip*
    My goodness, this is ridiculous. What in the world is their justification for this? We have two PVRs in our house running legit copies of Home Premium OEM. To get this update I would have to buy two new PCs? What was the point of Microsoft integrating Media Centre in the mainstream Vista SKU and yet excluding supposely-free feature updates for it?

Edit: One can only hope Microsoft reverses their decision, which is unlikely. However I am placing some hope on someone managing to extract the revised binaries and packaging them into a make-shift installer.
    If you were smart enough to buy Ultimate, you could have Texas Hold 'Em Poker in your hands right now.

• User profile image
    Dovella

not complain now await official confirmation

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Still no first-class DVB-T and MHEG support? Lame.

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.