Coffeehouse Thread

15 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

The MobileMe disaster continues: Now it's not 'Exchange for the rest of us' anymore

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Dovella

By Paul T.

I just received the following note that Apple sent to its sales force. In it, the company says that it will no longer use the "Exchange for the rest of us" slogan because MobileMe, unlike Exchange, does not really use push technology. This whole thing is unbelievable to me:
    Rest here

GREAT ARTICLE!!

• User profile image
    stevo_

Essentially my biggest problem with Apple, is that they DO manage the fool the masses into buying crap.. and while you might think .. good for them.. if Apple continues to become bigger, we're only throwing away something great for something worse, just for the sake of the "aww but its a cute widdle underdoggy" line.

Seriously, if apple gets big, we'll be sat around in caves smashing iphones together to make fires..

• User profile image
    Dovella

stevo_ said:
    Essentially my biggest problem with Apple, is that they DO manage the fool the masses into buying crap.. and while you might think .. good for them.. if Apple continues to become bigger, we're only throwing away something great for something worse, just for the sake of the "aww but its a cute widdle underdoggy" line.

Seriously, if apple gets big, we'll be sat around in caves smashing iphones together to make fires..
    this moment of celebrity apple, in a sense I believe it is wanted by microsoft for remove off the EU from shoulders.
    and are always convinced that a part of the apple is owned by Microsoft, as ican  to Yahoo (1997  episode)

the thing that most annoyed me in all this, and that journalists who generally deal with botanical talk S.O.

• User profile image
    Ray7

You're absolutely loving this, aren't you.

Smiley

• User profile image
    Dovella

Ray7 said:

Smiley

microsoft invest in Appple 150 milion dollar in 1997 when the whole society not even worth 200 m.

someone has evidence that microsoft has then sold those stocks?

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

Ray7 said:

Smiley

Things are just getting worse for Apple. They overestimating own abilities. They're trying to eat a pie at once, but mouth is too small. They ARE extremely good software designers, but in same time they ARE very bad software developers and platform supporters. I own iPod Touch, planning (still) to buy iPhone, I like Apple products, but sometimes... they are just extremely stupid and "too simple".
    Standard "Wallpaper" feature on iPod Touch, for instance. Who needs wallpaper on "lock" screen?!?!? Steve Jobs? Of cause "jailbreaked" version fixes this issue and allows to set "proper" wallpaper on "desktop", rather than "lock-screen".
    Now "amazing" "iPhone 2.0" launch... With crashed websites, activation incompatibility with browsers, stupid MobileMe, etc. They just forgot to test "platform"! Apple is a victim of own unexpected unpredicted "growth". They still are "small" but believes they're "big".

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    blowdart

Dovella said:
    Ray7 said:
    *snip*
    microsoft invest in Appple 150 milion dollar in 1997 when the whole society not even worth 200 m.

Lots of people have evidence, including Microsoft themselves. I guess google is too hard when you're frothing and being a keyboard warrior.

The stock they bought was non-voting shares as well, but they sold it in 2003.

• User profile image
    Bass

I hope Microsoft finally kills Apple and Linux and puts all the Linsux and Crapple users heads on pikes in front of the Redmond campus!

Dovella, will you marry me?

• User profile image
    BHpaddock

Bass said:
    I hope Microsoft finally kills Apple and Linux and puts all the Linsux and Crapple users heads on pikes in front of the Redmond campus!

Dovella, will you marry me?
    Well, what defines "Exchange for the rest of us" in my mind isn't the push technology, but rather the unified storage and synchronization of mail, contacts, and calendar - with access from the web, desktop, and mobile clients.

However, Microsoft already has an "Exchange for the rest of us" option for Windows + Windows Mobile users.  It's called Hotmail, with the Outlook Connector (and Windows Live Mobile for the phone).

• User profile image
    Dovella

blowdart said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*
    Lots of people have evidence, including Microsoft themselves. I guess google is too hard when you're frothing and being a keyboard warrior.

The stock they bought was non-voting shares as well, but they sold it in 2003.
    I knew this but I also really could be only one voice, (for apple fanboy) there has never failed to light any documents.

@BHpaddock

Tuesday 23 in Italy out Samsung Omnia with Windows mobile.
    I want to try it and if I like the buy it.

@Bass

im  already married

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

stevo_ said:

Exactly how many of the masses actually know what exchange is anyway?

I thought the slogan was a bit obscure for a mainstream consumer product when I saw it.

• User profile image
    Ray7

Dovella said:
    Ray7 said:
    *snip*

Okay, about those stocks.

When MS bought them, Apple was burning through cash at such an alarming rate, that the money from the share buy didn't last for much more than a day or so. So the money from MS didn't really do anything to save Apple, but Microsoft agreeing to continue building MS Office for the Mac certainly gave the company a much needed life line (you think they'd be more grateful.)

Can't remember when MS sold the shares, but looking at Cupertino's share price now, it certainly wasn't one of their better decisions.

• User profile image
    Dovella

Ray7 said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*

Okay, about those stocks.

When MS bought them, Apple was burning through cash at such an alarming rate, that the money from the share buy didn't last for much more than a day or so. So the money from MS didn't really do anything to save Apple, but Microsoft agreeing to continue building MS Office for the Mac certainly gave the company a much needed life line (you think they'd be more grateful.)

Can't remember when MS sold the shares, but looking at Cupertino's share price now, it certainly wasn't one of their better decisions.

could be a marketing strategy in the long term,
    you do not know what cè behind a stage

• User profile image
    Ray7

BlackTiger said:
    Ray7 said:
    *snip*
    Things are just getting worse for Apple. They overestimating own abilities. They're trying to eat a pie at once, but mouth is too small. They ARE extremely good software designers, but in same time they ARE very bad software developers and platform supporters. I own iPod Touch, planning (still) to buy iPhone, I like Apple products, but sometimes... they are just extremely stupid and "too simple".
    Standard "Wallpaper" feature on iPod Touch, for instance. Who needs wallpaper on "lock" screen?!?!? Steve Jobs? Of cause "jailbreaked" version fixes this issue and allows to set "proper" wallpaper on "desktop", rather than "lock-screen".
    Now "amazing" "iPhone 2.0" launch... With crashed websites, activation incompatibility with browsers, stupid MobileMe, etc. They just forgot to test "platform"! Apple is a victim of own unexpected unpredicted "growth". They still are "small" but believes they're "big".

I completely agree with you. With no-one to oppose them, we're seeing a lot of poor quality and dishonesty from Apple these days.

I don't mind paying more, but if I do, then I expect better.

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

Ray7 said:
    BlackTiger said:
    *snip*

I completely agree with you. With no-one to oppose them, we're seeing a lot of poor quality and dishonesty from Apple these days.

I don't mind paying more, but if I do, then I expect better.

I've just read my previous post once more... Apple ARE bad software designers and they ARE very good designers... It's hard to explain. They just can't "finish design"... Ideas are perfect, but implementation is not.

After reading PT's iPhone2 review I've got a huge doubts... To buy or not to buy... To buy just because of GPS?... And stick with O2? Does it really worth this? May be better to wait for Samsung Omnia?..

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.