Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

How are you setup for media playback on computer?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    androidi

Suppose I download some interview (talk) video and watch it in WMP and I also want to play some background music? Does WMP team tell me to go download Winamp? Ok done that. Now the problem is that if Winamp is associated with music files .. Well that's a non-starter because the handler implementation is such that if you click mp3 on a web site it says "open/save" .. unless you give WMP back the mp3 association and then it works again (plays immediately on click).

So currently I'm using WMP+Winamp to listen music and need to be careful to open music in winamp manually if playing a video in WMP. Best solution would be to either fix Winamp so it would stream upon click from a web site (potential security issue knowing winamp)  or fixing WMP so that if I'm midst of playing a video and open up a music file then I should have a way to saying that the video should keep playing.

Do you have a better solution that satisfies multiple simultanous playback (when appropriate) + streaming from web sites in one click / progressive download with seeking?

• User profile image
    stevo_

Dunno, I use zune player for music, and wmp for video..

• User profile image
    harumscarum

I use wmp or zune for music and VLC for video.

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

harumscarum said:
    I use wmp or zune for music and VLC for video.
    I use ZoomPlayer for video, iTunes for audio, VLC to preview unfinished downloads, and WMP in all other cases...

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

BlackTiger said:
    harumscarum said:
    *snip*
    I use ZoomPlayer for video, iTunes for audio, VLC to preview unfinished downloads, and WMP in all other cases...
    iTunes for music, WMP or VLC for video, depending on codec (although virtually everything plays in WMP, as I have CCCP installed).

• User profile image
    jamie

CannotResolveSymbol said:
    BlackTiger said:
    *snip*
    iTunes for music, WMP or VLC for video, depending on codec (although virtually everything plays in WMP, as I have CCCP installed).
    badly.

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

I used to use WinAmp 5; but lately I've been using WMP since I figured out how to make it look small and unintrusive (After all, it's just a media player; that's all it should be).  Sometimes it acts flaky in a multimon environment and I go back to WinAmp, but not often.  There's also a projector on my media box, where WMP seems to work fine (Two outputs, but clone mode so it doesn't affect it).

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.