Coffeehouse Thread

15 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Italians, pre-order Samsung Omnia i900 and get a free Xbox 360 arcade!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    cescotto

If you're Italian and love 15mm thick QVGA resolution phones with WM 6.1, 5 MPx camera, 3g + 7mbit HDSPA, high-capacity 1.5A batteries (but with only 300 hours standby time), Bluetooth 2.2, GPS, FM Radios, Optical mouse cursors, TV Out and pointless animated today screens you really can't miss this offer (Today is the last day to apply, 21th of July and you'll get the phone tomorrow 22th). I too was tempted by the offer but my disgust for the sluggish non-hardware accelerated Windows Mobile interfaces and the fear of bugged ROMs that Samsung could never update (Samsung phones don't even have an official ROM update tool so don't even hope for a Windows Mobile 7 upgrade next year unlike for HTC phones like the Diamond) are keeping me away from it.

• User profile image
    Dovella

Yes it's true
    only in stores  Saturn  and Media World
    In my town  , No Saturn e no media World

Sad

tomorrow buying the same Omnia

PS. cescotto , Omnia Work SUPERB!!

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

Dovella said:
    Yes it's true
    only in stores  Saturn  and Media World
    In my town  , No Saturn e no media World

Sad

tomorrow buying the same Omnia

PS. cescotto , Omnia Work SUPERB!!

Only in august in UK...

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Dovella

BlackTiger said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*
    Only in august in UK...
    I am sorry

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

Dovella said:
    BlackTiger said:
    *snip*
    I am sorry
    And no "XBOX m&m" as well, I think...

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Dovella

I called to  all store  of the my  city,  and no one has yet available samsung Omnia

• User profile image
    littleguru

Dovella said:
    I called to  all store  of the my  city,  and no one has yet available samsung Omnia

They give you a mouse pointer on a touch screen phone... *arg*

• User profile image
    Dovella

littleguru said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*
    They give you a mouse pointer on a touch screen phone... *arg*
    can always be useful

pS. see this video

and this

I did not understand what got an iphone in the midst of two real phones Big Smile

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

yeah that sucks, how can someone buy such crap?

• User profile image
    stevo_

Ion Todirel said:
    yeah that sucks, how can someone buy such crap?
    Dunno, so many phones now copying the iphone because of its success.. the phone market was stale.. and being milked for tons of money.. no real innovation happened.. so I'm glad apple did the iphone.. it might not be the perfect product yet.. but if you want all that sh**, then the iphone is great..

Myself.. personally I use a phone for 3 things:

Memos and alarms
    Text messages
    Phone calls

I don't use the camera, don't use it for email, don't use it to record videos or voice, don't use it to browse the web, don't use it to play games, don't use it to watch movies..

The iphone is appeal to me in the same way the ipod was back then.. its a "shiny" product that just doesn't fit in with what I do.. my ipod has been a paper weight for years now.. I use my computer when I'm home to listen to all my music.. I just to the radio when I'm out and about in vehicles.. and at work we have a music machine (shh though before sony comes in demanding money for letting someone elses ears here music I bought)..

• User profile image
    Dovella

samsung has failed to make a good distribution.
    preorder only those who had managed to receive the phone, but also very preorder were not satisfied today
    Fortunately, a friend of microsoft Italy is trying to help me find a Omnia,

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

Dovella said:
    samsung has failed to make a good distribution.
    preorder only those who had managed to receive the phone, but also very preorder were not satisfied today
    Fortunately, a friend of microsoft Italy is trying to help me find a Omnia,
    Apple has failed it too. O2 in UK is "empty". Smiley Not a big difference.

Last modified
  • User profile image
    Dovella

BlackTiger said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*
    Apple has failed it too. O2 in UK is "empty". Smiley Not a big difference.
    Big Smile Big Smile

• User profile image
    Dovella

thanks thanks thanks and thanks to Antonio B. of Microsoft Italy
    found Omnia and sent to me, today I have my Samsung OMNIA!!!!

I was expecting a phone so beautiful!
    I do not want to do the usual controversy and the usual comparison with Iphone,

I just want to tell you before you buy any phone try Omnia

Congratulation to Microsoft  team Windows Mobile and Samsung

THX!!!

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

Dovella said:
    thanks thanks thanks and thanks to Antonio B. of Microsoft Italy
    found Omnia and sent to me, today I have my Samsung OMNIA!!!!

I was expecting a phone so beautiful!
    I do not want to do the usual controversy and the usual comparison with Iphone,

I just want to tell you before you buy any phone try Omnia

Congratulation to Microsoft  team Windows Mobile and Samsung

THX!!!
    As I see in your next post, not everything is so cool with WM 6.1. Big Smile
    I've developed several apps for WM and I can tell - with "OS" is... not perfect. Don't think "6.1" did something amazing, it's still "5.0/6.0". And CompactFramework has nothing to impress.

Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.