Coffeehouse Thread

12 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Microsoft Dove?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Harlequin

http://www.dove.us/

Looks like the Dove brand has Microsoft's stamp all over it. Even the sitemap goes to a page on MSN. Too bad since it's sitemap use to be a great one with hundreds of links, it was a mentionable sitemap in terms of usability. Now the whole site is just aweful.

It all just seems so odd.

• User profile image
    figuerres

WOW Very Strange....

Hmm, perhaps Microsoft is branching out into new kinds of "Soft" tech Smiley

• User profile image
    W3bbo

The biggest mystery is why Microsoft is "supporting" Dove's controversial advertising campaign.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

W3bbo said:
    The biggest mystery is why Microsoft is "supporting" Dove's controversial advertising campaign.
    I'm using Axe right now, and what happens in the commercials doesn't happen to me. Can I sue? Tongue Out

I just went to the Dove site to check out their sitemap, since they used to have one of the best ones out there. You used to be able to get anywhere on the site from it, now it's just a dozen marketing links Sad

• User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

Harlequin said:
    W3bbo said:
    *snip*
    I'm using Axe right now, and what happens in the commercials doesn't happen to me. Can I sue? Tongue Out

I just went to the Dove site to check out their sitemap, since they used to have one of the best ones out there. You used to be able to get anywhere on the site from it, now it's just a dozen marketing links Sad
    Does using a spray tin on your body make you feel more manly than using bottled cologne?

• User profile image
    Harlequin

brian.shapiro said:
    Harlequin said:
    *snip*
    Does using a spray tin on your body make you feel more manly than using bottled cologne?
    No, but spilling half a bottle of Drakkar Noir all over the bathroom isn't fun in the least Smiley

• User profile image
    AndyC

W3bbo said:
    Wow! Some people take the Axe/Lynx ads seriously? Overall estimation of human intelligence: -25

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

huh? why's Microsoft logo on that page?

P.S. I only use Dove soaps

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Ion Todirel said:

Hoping a Microsoftie can answer that question Smiley

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Ion Todirel said:

http://www.designtaxi.com/news.jsp?id=17716&monthview=0&month=4&year=2008

Guess it's an MSN Channel now or something. Either/or it's a horrible use of Flash. Navigation through it isn't fun at all. Try the "discussions" and the "forums" and see Smiley

• User profile image
    Bass

For some reason I can actually see Microsoft selling soap.

• User profile image
    Itslloydhere

AndyC said:
    W3bbo said:
    *snip*
    Wow! Some people take the Axe/Lynx ads seriously? Overall estimation of human intelligence: -25
    So I wont become a bit chocolate man if I put Lynx chocolate on?

Dammit. That was my only plan for getting women Tongue Out

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.