Coffeehouse Thread

112 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

What's YOUR avatar about?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    iStation

Mine is the god of the wind!
    Smiley

• User profile image
    Jeremy W

Mine's a picture of Robert Scoble.

• User profile image
    Rossj

Jeremy W. wrote:
    Mine's a picture of Robert Scoble.

Pfft. Coffee. Monitor. Argh. Too funny.

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

I made mine after a lot of people went mad at me for making an avatar of 100px wide and 1000px high. Take note that was before the avatar height restrictions were enforced. I made this one to please the people who didn't like my 1000 x 100 avatar. As for what it means, you'll have to figure that one out for yourself (since I don't know Wink )

CAPS LOCK IS ON,
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    mishko

Mine's a picture of crazy squirrel(?) from Ice Age. I really like that movie. Maybe I'll change it to picture of Sid.

• User profile image
    matt0210

I found this pic on Think Geek. They sell t-shirts and stuff. This was a 'users with our products' page. I just crack up when I see the face!! Smiley

• User profile image
    TomasDeml

Mine is a fake dragon baby...

• User profile image
    Jeremy W

Rossj wrote:
    Jeremy W. wrote: Mine's a picture of Robert Scoble.

Pfft. Coffee. Monitor. Argh. Too funny.

Okay, he was sitting beside me when the pic was taken. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Tensor

Mine - In our office, we do odd things. One of those things was that we had themed msn messenger icons & names, with the theme changing every now and again. We'd come up with a new theme and everyone would go off and find a picture and change there name, so for example we had Dallas day where we were all people off Dallas (I was Jock Ewing for a day. They all had to call me Daddy.)

Anyway - one day one of those themes was for some reason Goth Singers. I dont even know why as none of us are Goths. Also bear in mind when I say Goth I mean late 80s Goth and not Marilyn Frikin Manson. So one of the guys in the office is a big fan of The Cure, and we tease him that they are a Goth band and that makes him a Goth. So for this theme day I changed my name to Robert smith and got this picture of Edward Scissor Hands, who lets face it looks quite a lot like Robert Smith.

Shortly after this we all got tired of the whole Theme thing and moved on to other ideas (Including "The Arse Card", "I'm a Celebrity Kill Me Out Of Here" (round two ongoing), and "Celebrity Theme Parks"). However I quite liked the Edward picture so I kept it.

Is that too much detail for you?

• User profile image
    harumscarum

That actually sounds entertaining. We should try to pull that off in these forums one day.

• User profile image
    AndyC

Mine is a picture of me.

Any resemblence to Vince, the plasticine dog with random pavarotti disease, from Rex the Runt is entirely conincidental.

• User profile image
    jsrfc58

harumscarum wrote:
    That actually sounds entertaining. We should try to pull that off in these forums one day.

Or you could go a step further and play "guess the poster" by hiding avatars/poster names for a day. 

• User profile image
    Cider

Mine used to be me at the Homelands Music Festival a few years ago on one of the hottest days in the UK in a long time.

Then, when I decided to leave for a month, I turned into death.

Now, thanks to resurrection by those handy Ancient Spirits of Evil, Mumm-Ra The Everliving!

(the best cartoon bad guy ever!)

• User profile image
    ChuckBuc

It’s about evolution not always being easy, linear, or pretty.

• User profile image
    pwzeus

well i m not able to upload new avatar so i have this robo looking character with headphone on its ear and
    sticks on the head....pleaseeeee let me upload something else. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    AFO#

Mine is taken from the Nuvola icon set.

You can find it in www.kde-look.org

• User profile image
    qwert231

Simple, me.

• User profile image
    PeterF

Well, at my company I was the first one using .NET technology, as a beta tester way back in 2000. Then one day one of the graduate students at our office started to call me Dot Peter, the nickname sticked Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.