Coffeehouse Thread

112 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

What's YOUR avatar about?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Shaded

The Death Dealer.  Prisoner of the Horned Helmet.  A series of fantasy novels based on James Silke's (SP?)paintings.  If memory serves correctly the stories followed the paintings.

First time I saw it, I was a child in the 70s and someone airbrushed it on the side of a van.  I thought it was the most evil looking thing I would ever see.

After growing up, I don't even believe in ghosts anymore and find it pretty harmless (compared to shameful modern day death-dealers).  So the fear is gone but the cool factor resides.

• User profile image
    Shaded

Paul D. Murphy wrote:
    If you can't figure this one out, please leave now. This forum is too much for you to grasp.

Sorry there ducky...

... I didn't see you down there.

• User profile image
    jamie

shaded - as i asked a longtime ago in a thread.. is that oil painting by fasetta or boris? do you happen to know?  they paint similar and did the same sort of stuff

• User profile image
    Shaded

jamie wrote:
    shaded - as i asked a longtime ago in a thread.. is that oil painting by fasetta or boris? do you happen to know?  they paint similar and did the same sort of stuff

Whoops my bad it was Frazetta.  Sorry I never saw the question.  Jakes Silke wrote the story behind it.

Easy to find on Amazon.  Highly recommended.  In the style of famous pulp fiction writer Robert E Howard, creator of King Kull, Conan and others.

From Amazon.com:
    Product Details

Paperback: 496 pages
    Publisher: Tor Books (March 1, 2005)
    ISBN: 0765313138
    Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
    Amazon.com Sales Rank in Books: #421,342
    (Publishers and authors: improve your sales)

• User profile image
    jamie

you say frazetta i say fasetta (oops!) Smiley

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

W3bbo wrote:
    lars wrote: One word: Clay.

Dude!

"Me Willy! Me Willy Trombone! These disks tell a story! Story about good! Story about bad! Listen... I tell you!

It all start with Hoborg! A being who had to create.... because... he had to! ...He make his world so full of wonder...and beauty...

Walking around in his wonderful creation make him feel sad! So Hoborg have idea! "I know! I'll create a being to enjoy with wonderful land with me!" ...And he name him "Klogg!""

And so on and so forth.

The Neverhood = Teh Whinnar!

I secondify that. Also, two Gs if I'm not mistaken.

• User profile image
    pwzeus

Y can't I upload avatar....says error and its saved into log Sad

• User profile image
    Raj Tripathi

Everyone's favorite lovable and opinionated *. Whether he's obsessively deadlocked singing Styx lyrics or plotting to wreak havoc over his current victim, it is nearly impossible to resist his charm.

• User profile image
    prog_dotnet

Mine is a Longhorn background.....

• User profile image
    Dr. Shim

Mine. Well...

I searched Google Images for "asdf," just for the fun of it. I found a weird picture entitled "asdf.jpg" featuring a large group of pilots (or something) looking up at the camera, all proud and happy. It looked so funny and ridiculous, I took one guy out of the bunch as my avatar.

And it goes well with my name too.

On another note, I wonder where Charle's got his avatar. Isn't it from 1001 Space Odyssey?

• User profile image
    Tensor

Dr. Shim wrote:
    Mine. Well...

I searched Google Images for "asdf," just for the fun of it. I found a weird picture entitled "asdf.jpg" featuring a large group of pilots (or something) looking up at the camera, all proud and happy. It looked so funny and ridiculous, I took one guy out of the bunch as my avatar.

On another note, I wonder where Charle's got his avatar. Isn't it from 1001 Space Odyssey?

I allways had this nagging feeling that your Avatar was some film reference or somthing which I didnt get. Now you tell me its just random, I can sleep a little better Smiley

• User profile image
    Raj Tripathi

pwzeus wrote:
    well i m not able to upload new avatar so i have this robo looking character with headphone on its ear and
    sticks on the head....pleaseeeee let me upload something else.

I had the same problem. Try to fill up all of the textboxes. I think some of them are mandatory so that u can update the Profile.

It's a System.NullReferenceException Smiley

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

Dr. Shim wrote:
    Mine. Well...

"It wasn't just 'Something: A Space Oddysey, it was 2001... AAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!"

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

Dr. Shim wrote:
    Mine. Well...

I searched Google Images for "asdf," just for the fun of it. I found a weird picture entitled "asdf.jpg" featuring a large group of pilots (or something) looking up at the camera, all proud and happy.

AND HERE IT IS!

• User profile image
    Charles

Nonlinear dynamical systems solution space

• User profile image
    Shaded

Charles wrote:
    Nonlinear dynamical systems solution space

I know you're waiting for someone to ask.  So I'm asking:

Say what?

• User profile image
    ZippyV

It looks like a donut with brown worms

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

I always thought it was a life float.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.