Coffeehouse Thread

26 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

The Dark Knight

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    TommyCarlier

I just ordered my ticket for The Dark Knight for this evening. My expectations are pretty high but I doubt I'll be disappointed. Michael Caine (who plays Alfred) says that The Dark Knight is one of the best movies he's ever played in. And Heath Ledger is being tipped as a posthumous Oscar nominee.

Anyone else seen this movie? Anyone disappointed? (I doubt it)

• User profile image
    MasterPi

I saw it Saturday. I can definitely say it's in my alltime top 5 and best movie this year (so far).

Excellent all around. You'll enjoy it.

Just wish it were an hour longer... Big Smile

• User profile image
    eagle

mVPstar said:
    I saw it Saturday. I can definitely say it's in my alltime top 5 and best movie this year (so far).

Excellent all around. You'll enjoy it.

Just wish it were an hour longer... Big Smile
    I saw it over the weekend and thought it was more like a TV show then a movie and in the end they need to explane it to you.

• User profile image
    dahat

I saw it friday night and afterwards had no problem spending the $9.25 for the ticket as well as buying my ticket @6:00 for the 9:50 showing and having to come back.

Damn fine flick.

• User profile image
    PaoloM

dahat said:
    I saw it friday night and afterwards had no problem spending the $9.25 for the ticket as well as buying my ticket @6:00 for the 9:50 showing and having to come back.

Damn fine flick.
    A great movie. Didn't need any explanation at the end...

• User profile image
    harumscarum

Looking forward to watching it. I wonder if Batman goes to jail in the movie.

• User profile image
    MasterPi

PaoloM said:
    dahat said:
    *snip*
    Yeah, the movie was fairly straightforward...

• User profile image
    Harlequin

++ on the Oscar nominee. Not because of his real life death or anything, but his Joker is probably in that Top 10 Movie Villians list right now, and he's easily in the top 3. Was above and beyond anything you'll excpect.

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    jamie

Zeo said:
    Harlequin said:
    *snip*
    Good movie because of it's interesting plot and the evil villians!
    Batman Assaults His Mother

batfilm at 11

• User profile image
    eagle

PaoloM said:
    dahat said:
    *snip*
    ....but we sure got a long winded talk on the Tao of the hero and no ending,  as we were set-up for the Jokers return.

• User profile image
    JChung2006

eagle said:
    PaoloM said:
    *snip*
    ....but we sure got a long winded talk on the Tao of the hero and no ending,  as we were set-up for the Jokers return.

A movie not ending conclusively and leaving itself open for a sequel.  Imagine that!

• User profile image
    Minh

jamie said:
    Zeo said:
    *snip*

batfilm at 11
    jamie said:

It's terrible. One of the British tabloid got a photo of Christian Bale in the act

• User profile image
    La Bomba

Dark Knight was well worth the wait, the action scenes are terrific. It's very fast paced at times, you really need to keep up.

Some of the criticisms in this thread seem to be a case of the viewer stretching to find negatives because that would be their personality. I won't name names. >>>>EAGLE<<<<

• User profile image
    Red5

The performance by Heath Ledger as the Joker is worth the $9 alone. The rest of the movie is typical and predictable, but nonetheless very enjoyable. 

Two Thumbs up.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Red5 said:
    The performance by Heath Ledger as the Joker is worth the $9 alone. The rest of the movie is typical and predictable, but nonetheless very enjoyable. 

Two Thumbs up.
    This is easily the best movie of the year so far. Heath's performance was brilliant. The voice, the facial expressions, the way he moves around. I was also very pleasantly surprised by Aaron Eckhart's performance. He played a very convincing Harvey Dent. And the way they portrayed Two-Face was quite scary and realistic. Not to mention the story. I like Batman because he's just an ordinary guy (just like Iron Man), not someone with super-powers.

• User profile image
    wkempf

Harlequin said:
    ++ on the Oscar nominee. Not because of his real life death or anything, but his Joker is probably in that Top 10 Movie Villians list right now, and he's easily in the top 3. Was above and beyond anything you'll excpect.
    I actually was most impressed with Aaron Eckhart (Harvey Dent / Two Face).  Ledger was great, but maybe because of the pre-show hype, I was more impressed with Eckhart.

Anyway, this is without a doubt the best movie of the year.  Nothing needs to be explained in the end.  The story line was cohesive, faithful to the comic history, compelling and well done.  The acting, from nearly everyone involved, was top notch.  The special effects were very well done.  The action was great, but not the sole "hook" for the movie like many other action movies.  Really great flick.

• User profile image
    wkempf

Minh said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*

It's terrible. One of the British tabloid got a photo of Christian Bale in the act
    Oh gawd.  I almost choked on my lunch.  You should warn people about that. Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.