Coffeehouse Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

MobileMe or MobileMess?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Ray7

I'm not excusing the ongoing MobileMe train wreck,  but if people really are stupid enough to believe that a company is some kind of infallible god, then surely they are setting themselves up for a big disappointment somewhere down the line.

I mean I complain enough when Microsoft screws up (a backup server that doesn't restore anyone?), but some of these MobileMe bods are behaving like Steve Jobs shot their dog.

Perhaps MS should try a new line in advertising ....

'Hi I'm Windows Live Mail ...'

'And I'm Apple Mob.....'

'Are you okay, MobileMe?'

'Oh yeah ... just ... a ... little ... Nothing to w ... I'll be oka .....'

Mmmm ... naah. That kind of thing just lacks class.

• User profile image
    stevo_

I don't think it really matters to the maccers.. I work in the same office as a guy whos attitude to this debacle laugh and say, ah they'll get it right eventually because its a great new idea still..

Somewhat fair enough, but I compare this to the other week when he had to use Windows (xp as it goes), he installed it as a vm on his mac and when he had installed the display driver the resolution defaulted back to 8x6, his reaction to this was as if windows had just slaughtered and eaten his kids infront of him..

Dunno, that amount of delusion cannot be without an eventual erruption.. so I'm waiting for the day he picks up his £10,000 mac pro and throws it out the window..

• User profile image
    Refrax

stevo_ said:
    I don't think it really matters to the maccers.. I work in the same office as a guy whos attitude to this debacle laugh and say, ah they'll get it right eventually because its a great new idea still..

Somewhat fair enough, but I compare this to the other week when he had to use Windows (xp as it goes), he installed it as a vm on his mac and when he had installed the display driver the resolution defaulted back to 8x6, his reaction to this was as if windows had just slaughtered and eaten his kids infront of him..

Dunno, that amount of delusion cannot be without an eventual erruption.. so I'm waiting for the day he picks up his £10,000 mac pro and throws it out the window..
    i have seen it where if something goes wrong with a mac it is the users fault. and when they use windows and something does not work it is windows fault.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.