Coffeehouse Thread

23 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

windows 95 games

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    hamish44

hi there, im looking for a real old 95 game, it involved basic graphics, you were lost in the jungle but the best hint is it was word activated, u had to type special words in for it to work. please help

• User profile image
    Bas

You had to type words for it to work? Explain.

Anyway, my first guess: Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure.

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

Bas said:

leisure suit larry 2?

• User profile image
    Bas

Maddus Mattus said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    leisure suit larry 2?

Good one, although that was hardly a Windows 95 game. Leisure Suit Larry 3 was also set in the jungle.

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

Bas said:
    Maddus Mattus said:
    *snip*

Good one, although that was hardly a Windows 95 game. Leisure Suit Larry 3 was also set in the jungle.

Sharpen knife on stairs Wink

My brain is full of usefull informations!

• User profile image
    Bas

Maddus Mattus said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    Sharpen knife on stairs Wink

My brain is full of usefull informations!
    Ha, excellent. I'm personally still a big fan of "use magic marker". If I ever find myself in the jungle, I'll make sure that I have one on me so I can transport myself to Sierra Studios.

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

Bas said:
    Maddus Mattus said:
    *snip*
    Ha, excellent. I'm personally still a big fan of "use magic marker". If I ever find myself in the jungle, I'll make sure that I have one on me so I can transport myself to Sierra Studios.
    Lesuire Suit Larry 1 and Police Quest 1 are still my all time favorite adventures.

Oh wait, I forgot Space Quest and Indiana Jones and the fate of Atalantis,.. and beneath a steal sky,...

Oh man, those where the days. When story and gameplay were important and not graphics!

Edit; thanks Bas!

• User profile image
    Bas

Maddus Mattus said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    Lesuire Suit Larry 1 and Police Quest 1 are still my all time favorite adventures.

Oh wait, I forgot Space Quest and Indiana Jones and the fate of Atalantis,.. and beneath a steal sky,...

Oh man, those where the days. When story and gameplay were important and not graphics!

Edit; thanks Bas!
    I'm personally a big fan of the whole Quest for Glory series, and The Secret of Monkey Island. The first two Police Quest games were great, too. As for Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis...

God, I love eBay.

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

Bas said:
    Maddus Mattus said:
    *snip*
    I'm personally a big fan of the whole Quest for Glory series, and The Secret of Monkey Island. The first two Police Quest games were great, too. As for Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis...

God, I love eBay.
    That's U B E R !

I'm soooooooooooooooooo jealous right now,..

wait,...

does this make me a geek?

I really like the humor of Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle.

• User profile image
    hamish44

Bas said:

yea , you had to type sentences in , eg,   use spices , the witch doctor had given you. key words kind of thing, it was a good game, just cant find it any more. u crashed in a plan and then get lost in the jungle, surly some one must know of it.

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

hamish44 said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    yea , you had to type sentences in , eg,   use spices , the witch doctor had given you. key words kind of thing, it was a good game, just cant find it any more. u crashed in a plan and then get lost in the jungle, surly some one must know of it.

Monkey Island?

• User profile image
    jh71283

Bas said:

Wasn't Pitfall just a standard 2D Platform game?

• User profile image
    Bas

jh71283 said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    It's the only early Windows 95 "trapped in a jungle" game I could think of. I had no idea what word-activated meant.

But from the explanation, I think this is more of a text-parser adventure game, which would put it quite a few years before Windows 95.

Edit: and right after I click submit, I realise what it is. Hugo 3: Jungle of Doom.

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

jh71283 said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    There was also a 3d version out, but that didnt come much much later

• User profile image
    Rd_Falcon

Bas said:
    jh71283 said:
    *snip*
    It's the only early Windows 95 "trapped in a jungle" game I could think of. I had no idea what word-activated meant.

But from the explanation, I think this is more of a text-parser adventure game, which would put it quite a few years before Windows 95.

Edit: and right after I click submit, I realise what it is. Hugo 3: Jungle of Doom.

Oh man, that game was great.  That brings back memories from when I was really young.  I would watch my brother play that game, and it gave me nightmares.  I would love to play it again, but the game comes on this square disk, and it doesn't seem to fit in my cd drive very well...

• User profile image
    hamish44

Bas said:
    jh71283 said:
    *snip*

thats the game, thanks for that, now just got to find it

• User profile image
    XaeroVincent

Bas said:
    jh71283 said:
    *snip*

Looks more like an MS-DOS game with VGA graphics.

• User profile image
    Sylphoria

Hi everyone

I've searched old posts in this forum and i've read that some of you have downloaded ENDORFUN at the Underdogs. Does the game really work for you all?? I'm having a lot of trouble making the MUSIC work...

PLease a little HELP

Sylphoria

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.