Coffeehouse Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

IE8 Drops SSL Sessions

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    phreaks

Why is IE8 dropping SSL sessions?

I am unable to navigate to any SSL page that verifies the session. The session gets dropped and the browser thinks I don't have a valid session.

This happens on 3 different machines, which is a complete pain, because I can't use IE8 to login to any of my credit card or banking sites to pay my bills, etc.

sovereignbank.com said:

Error Message

Invalid Session ID Completed...
    Your Online session has timed out... For security reasons, online sessions are closed after ten minutes of inactivity. To continue your session, please click on Logon  below and login again

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

I've gotten that too.  I found it more nearly works if you eable IE7-compatibility mode. That is to say, about half the time you'll get it to retain your session through a click.  Allow me to suggest you shift-click the links so you can keep your session open in one window.

• User profile image
    phreaks

SlackmasterK said:
    I've gotten that too.  I found it more nearly works if you eable IE7-compatibility mode. That is to say, about half the time you'll get it to retain your session through a click.  Allow me to suggest you shift-click the links so you can keep your session open in one window.
    They're going to address this in the RTM right, I mean it isn't considered a feature, is it?

How many irritated people will there be when they discover they can't use their online banking or bill pay sites.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.