Coffeehouse Thread

12 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Yahoo refunds money for DRM

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    harumscarum

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10000708-93.html

    Really cannot believe Yahoo would do this. I still won't be buying DRM but kudos to Yahoo for dishing out refunds.

  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    Yep, they did the right thing.

    ....you didn't see Microsoft do this when they closed the MSN Music store back in 2006.

  • User profile image
    Harlequin

    W3bbo said:
    Yep, they did the right thing.

    ....you didn't see Microsoft do this when they closed the MSN Music store back in 2006.
    I just wish I could get my money back for my "Lifetime of Upgrades" purchase for MusicMatch 10.

  • User profile image
    PaoloM

    W3bbo said:
    Yep, they did the right thing.

    ....you didn't see Microsoft do this when they closed the MSN Music store back in 2006.
    Why would MSN refund money for a working system? Yahoo shut down Yahoo Music and transferred users to Rapsody (MSN Music users were transferred to Urge, IIRC), now Yahoo shuts down their authorization servers (but MSN did not) so they have to issue refunds. Once the MSN authorization servers will go offline, *THEN* it will be time to offer refunds, not now while everything is still working...

  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    PaoloM said:
    W3bbo said:
    *snip*
    Why would MSN refund money for a working system? Yahoo shut down Yahoo Music and transferred users to Rapsody (MSN Music users were transferred to Urge, IIRC), now Yahoo shuts down their authorization servers (but MSN did not) so they have to issue refunds. Once the MSN authorization servers will go offline, *THEN* it will be time to offer refunds, not now while everything is still working...
    Urge shut down ages ago too.

    BTW Paolo, how's your Battletech game coming along?

  • User profile image
    Detroit Muscle

    FairUse4WM.exe for the win.

  • User profile image
    PaoloM

    W3bbo said:
    PaoloM said:
    *snip*
    Urge shut down ages ago too.

    BTW Paolo, how's your Battletech game coming along?
    Sadly slowly. Stupid work takes all my time...

  • User profile image
    stevo_

    PaoloM said:
    W3bbo said:
    *snip*
    Sadly slowly. Stupid work takes all my time...
    Bad paolo! you can't call work stupid! bad!

  • User profile image
    BHpaddock

    stevo_ said:
    PaoloM said:
    *snip*
    Bad paolo! you can't call work stupid! bad!
    Hmm... Battletech or Start menu.  Tough call, that one is Tongue Out

  • User profile image
    PaoloM

    BHpaddock said:
    stevo_ said:
    *snip*
    Hmm... Battletech or Start menu.  Tough call, that one is Tongue Out
    I know. Or the .LIT compatible reader for the Zune. Too much stuff, too little time.

    Ah screw it! We should go play Rockband more.

  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    Detroit Muscle said:
    FairUse4WM.exe for the win.
    FairUse4WM doesn't work on the latest version of DRM in WM* media unfortunately.

  • User profile image
    ScottWelker

    Humm... I'll have to revisit trying to get my money back - or my music working again.

    When Yahoo picked up Music Match, my purchased tracks suddenly failed to work. Tried to get a refund but they insisted that I instead "relicense" my tracks. Of course that entailed me downloading and installing a bunch of their software that I neither wanted nor was willing to do. I just ate the $$$ and made a decision to never again by DRM enabled music. Never again.

    I'll have to revisit this. Perhaps I can get my refund now. Thanks for the posting.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.