Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

Infinite electric power in a way that makes sense (A must see)

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    androidi

I had written a long post explaining why you should see these lectures but I don't want to be labelled a star trek tech crackpot so I'm just going say the guy with the cool ideas is. (the crackpot)

Besides didn't MythBusters prove that you can't destroy a bridge with a bit of resonance and that you can't break glass by screaming at it unless you're a Rock singer (forget the opera). So obviously Tesla's earthquake machine couldn't have worked which also makes the wireless power myth just that.

Now you might question how I'm going to bridge the gap with the bridge and the infinite power. For this I just point your Google to "Tom talks Tesla" and as for convincing you to spend the hour or two needed to see the first part of the lecture on the "Energy from the vacuum" ... well I hope the "tom talks tesla" didn't entirely convince you that the guy was a paranoid fear mongering crackpot atleast at the time of shooting that older video because that video convinced me and I can't be bothered to convince you.

btw. since you might not want the embarrassment of being scammed into paying for crackpot lecture dvd's, they are available on "The TLA bay". Now if you've landed somewhere where it's illegal to preview stuff and where free energy isn't in the realm of possible then you should just order the DVDs.

• User profile image
    androidi

edit: Turns out he already found the VC money so Crackpots 1/VC 0.

• User profile image
    DCMonkey
  • User profile image
    Bas

I thought the conclusion of the Mythbusters episode about Tesla's earthquake machine was that it was actually possible given enough tuning? As far as I recall, they managed to shake that bridge up somewhat with a pretty measly device.

• User profile image
    PaoloM
  • User profile image
    AndyC

PaoloM said:
    DCMonkey said:
    *snip*
    No, he actually *is* a crackpot.
    He's more like the embarrassing uncle who even the crackpots think has lost it.

• User profile image
    Bass

"The law that entropy always increases holds, I think, the supreme position among the laws of Nature. If someone points out to you that your pet theory of the universe is in disagreement with Maxwell's equations — then so much the worse for Maxwell's equations. If it is found to be contradicted by observation — well, these experimentalists do bungle things sometimes. But if your theory is found to be against the second law of thermodynamics I can give you no hope; there is nothing for it but to collapse in deepest humiliation." — Sir Arthur Stanley Eddington, The Nature of the Physical World (1927)

It's far more likely that humanity develop time machines and wormholes, or violate almost any other law or theory of physics, then it is for them to ever discover a way of reversing entropy (aka "harvesting vacuum energy"). That's just how strong the second law of thermodynamics is.

So um, I'll stay a bit skeptical if that's okay.

• User profile image
    DCMonkey

Now I'm confused. I re-read your original post and realize maybe you weren't trying to persuade us in a roundabout way that this claptrap might be legitimate. If that's the case, sorry for the implication.

• User profile image
    ManipUni

DCMonkey said:

Now I'm confused. I re-read your original post and realize maybe you weren't trying to persuade us in a roundabout way that this claptrap might be legitimate. If that's the case, sorry for the implication.

If you're going to discuss something then for the love of god link to it.

I could go google it but frankly I have better things to do than try and guess what you're talking about and then wasting even more time watching it.

PS - Infinite Electric Power is by the laws of the universe impossible.

edit: I quoted the wrong person and fixing it would take too long. This post is aimed at the OP.

• User profile image
    evildictait​or

Wow. He really is a crazy.

• User profile image
    Detroit Muscle

Bas said:
    I thought the conclusion of the Mythbusters episode about Tesla's earthquake machine was that it was actually possible given enough tuning? As far as I recall, they managed to shake that bridge up somewhat with a pretty measly device.
    <quote>
    </quote>

I'm pretty sure a modern bridge engineer would remember to place their poles on the left hand side of the s-plane.

<quote>
    the wireless power myth
    </quote>

Isn't solar power wireless?

• User profile image
    jonathansam​pson

Bas said:
    It was enough to make Jamie worried. I remember that. All from a small piston-like motor. I'm curious what you could do with more research, and less skepticism. I think we are hasty to write things off simply because they don't conform to contemporary views.

• User profile image
    kettch

jonathansampson said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    It was enough to make Jamie worried. I remember that. All from a small piston-like motor. I'm curious what you could do with more research, and less skepticism. I think we are hasty to write things off simply because they don't conform to contemporary views.

Every time I hear about something that Tesla might have done, it's always followed by a bunch of criticism. However, I think that, among his other eccentricities, Tesla didn't have any part of his brain that told him "no, that's not possible". Even so called brilliant researchers and scientists tend to have severe inhibitions about what views of the universe that they will accept. The most brilliant tend to have little or no reservations about what they are willing to explore.

That being said, if the magic machine doesn't create energy, then the guy is still a crackpot.

• User profile image
    PerfectPhase

Detroit Muscle said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    <quote>
    </quote>

I'm pretty sure a modern bridge engineer would remember to place their poles on the left hand side of the s-plane.

<quote>
    the wireless power myth
    </quote>

<quote>
    the wireless power myth
    </quote>

There are many ways to transmit power wirelessly, lasers microwaves etc.  Converting it back to electrical power at the other end efficiently is the magic trick.

Anyway, I'm holding out for someone to discover and develop technology based on magnetic monopoles

Smiley

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.