Coffeehouse Thread

60 posts

Olympics, lol

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

So the opening ceremony.... I approve.

For me, the main points were the drumming section with the good few thousand drummers, the lime-green LED-covered guys who did the Dove shape before swirling together; the globe and columns rising out of the ground, and of course the torch-lighting ceremony, truly the most spectacular (or just excessive) means of doing so yet.

Some parts were a bit wtf-y, like the use of children in the classroom, I really didn't see the significance.

Discuss.

• User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

London will have to do better in 2012, W3bbo

• User profile image
    evildictait​or

brian.shapiro said:
    2014 if the news is anything to go by. Britain sucks at keeping things within any kind of budget or deadline.

• User profile image
    harumscarum

evildictaitor said:
    brian.shapiro said:
    *snip*
    2014 if the news is anything to go by. Britain sucks at keeping things within any kind of budget or deadline.
    They must be agile

/at work have only seen the eye of sauron so far - http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/09/sports/olympics/09china.html?ex=1375934400&en=8493b94e623d32e1&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

• User profile image
    Harlequin

harumscarum said:
    evildictaitor said:
    *snip*
    They must be agile

/at work have only seen the eye of sauron so far - http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/09/sports/olympics/09china.html?ex=1375934400&en=8493b94e623d32e1&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink
    2010 Vancouver FTW!!!!!!!

• User profile image
    Rd_Falcon

Why would you spoil it?!?  They aren't showing the opening ceremony in the US for another 6 hours.  Atleast I know it will be entertaining. 

Oh, and lets go Chicago for 2016!!

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Rd_Falcon said:
    Why would you spoil it?!?  They aren't showing the opening ceremony in the US for another 6 hours.  Atleast I know it will be entertaining. 

Oh, and lets go Chicago for 2016!!
    Aren't any channels showing it live?

• User profile image
    Rd_Falcon

W3bbo said:
    Rd_Falcon said:
    *snip*
    Aren't any channels showing it live?
    Nope, NBC has exclussive coverage of the olympics, so I have to watch it when they say I get to watch it!

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

brian.shapiro said:
    It will consist of the Red Arrows flying over a building site with a sign on the side saying "We apologise for the delay".

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

GoddersUK said:
    brian.shapiro said:
    *snip*
    It will consist of the Red Arrows flying over a building site with a sign on the side saying "We apologise for the delay".
    At least we have a contingency back up stadium we can use if necessary Tongue Out

• User profile image
    W3bbo

GoddersUK said:
    GoddersUK said:
    *snip*
    At least we have a contingency back up stadium we can use if necessary Tongue Out
    Quite frankly I think the Dome would make a much better stadium for the opening ceremony than the new one.

• User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

GoddersUK said:
    GoddersUK said:
    *snip*
    Yea if you want the world to laugh at you.  And maybe you can get Damien Hirst and Tracy Emin to design the opening ceremonies Smiley Smiley Smiley

• User profile image
    littleguru

W3bbo said:
    Discuss.

I hate it when you do this!

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

W3bbo said:
    GoddersUK said:
    *snip*
    Quite frankly I think the Dome would make a much better stadium for the opening ceremony than the new one.
    Jokes aside, I just saw on wikipedia that the dome will actually be the venue for badminton, basketball and gymnastics.

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

brian.shapiro said:
    GoddersUK said:
    *snip*
    Yea if you want the world to laugh at you.  And maybe you can get Damien Hirst and Tracy Emin to design the opening ceremonies Smiley Smiley Smiley
    I was thinking we should host eurovision 2012 and use that for the opening ceremony?

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

littleguru said:
    W3bbo said:
    *snip*

I hate it when you do this!
    LG, about your new avatar: that's one big invisible hamburger!

• User profile image
    W3bbo

GoddersUK said:
    brian.shapiro said:
    *snip*
    I was thinking we should host eurovision 2012 and use that for the opening ceremony?
    Now that I approve of.

The rifle shooting event should be on at the same time and have the singers as the targets. Netting Cliff Richards automatically gives you Gold.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

W3bbo said:
    GoddersUK said:
    *snip*
    Now that I approve of.

The rifle shooting event should be on at the same time and have the singers as the targets. Netting Cliff Richards automatically gives you Gold.
    Nobody touches Clive Richards! Living Dolls!

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.