Coffeehouse Thread

60 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Olympics, lol

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Sabot

GoddersUK said:
    brian.shapiro said:
    *snip*
    I was thinking we should host eurovision 2012 and use that for the opening ceremony?

Be a bit more positive guys! How can Britain screw up the Olympics? Most of the venues already exist.

Just look at Wembley stadium and the O2, both had loads of problems ... now look at them, amazing world class venue's living up to their potential.

The secret of the success of both of these places was to take control away from politicians and place it to the hands of professionals ... and sort out our darn negitive media who like to make a problem sound a hundred times worse.

• User profile image
    eagle

Sabot said:
    GoddersUK said:
    *snip*

Be a bit more positive guys! How can Britain screw up the Olympics? Most of the venues already exist.

Just look at Wembley stadium and the O2, both had loads of problems ... now look at them, amazing world class venue's living up to their potential.

The secret of the success of both of these places was to take control away from politicians and place it to the hands of professionals ... and sort out our darn negitive media who like to make a problem sound a hundred times worse.

The professionals, the security services will round-up all the Irish, Arabs and anyone who thinks about protesting as well as any member of the Press who doesn't like it.

Maybe Trolling will be an Olympic sport by 2012 so the host nation can win at least one medial.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

eagle said:
    Sabot said:
    *snip*
    The professionals, the security services will round-up all the Irish, Arabs and anyone who thinks about protesting as well as any member of the Press who doesn't like it.

Maybe Trolling will be an Olympic sport by 2012 so the host nation can win at least one medial.
    Very mature eagle, I wondered how long it would take for your next anti-British or anti-European comment. Thank you for not disappointing me.

• User profile image
    eagle

TommyCarlier said:
    eagle said:
    *snip*
    Very mature eagle, I wondered how long it would take for your next anti-British or anti-European comment. Thank you for not disappointing me.

The hypocrisy of the British voicing their disdain for the Chinese occupation of Tibet while they still occupy six counties of Ireland has been ignored by most of the EU. 

By 2012 we may have two Belgium's just as we have two Ireland's today and as an EU citizen I see that as ridiculous and completely unnecessary.

• User profile image
    harumscarum

The Opening Ceremony was beyond incredible. While the Brits don't have a Zhang Yimou I think that maybe they should look to Danny Boyle for a zombie type opening ceremony featuring Winehouse. Maybe Guy Ritchie and have random acts throughout the ceremony then tie everything together at the end.

They had a guy explaining every act on NBC and the classroom bit was a representation of the global crisis that face the children and how they must be resolved for them (or something like that).

-Stay classy Eagle

• User profile image
    harumscarum

eagle said:
    TommyCarlier said:
    *snip*

The hypocrisy of the British voicing their disdain for the Chinese occupation of Tibet while they still occupy six counties of Ireland has been ignored by most of the EU. 

By 2012 we may have two Belgium's just as we have two Ireland's today and as an EU citizen I see that as ridiculous and completely unnecessary.

Your profile says you were born in the Bronx. Of all the things to get your feathers ruffled over why British/Ireland?

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

eagle said:
    TommyCarlier said:
    *snip*

Belgium is a small country but with a very diverse and complex culture. I don't think you understand what Belgium is all about. And it's not my job to explain it to you. Superficial comments like yours don't mean anything.

• User profile image
    eagle

TommyCarlier said:
    eagle said:
    *snip*
    Belgium is a small country but with a very diverse and complex culture. I don't think you understand what Belgium is all about. And it's not my job to explain it to you. Superficial comments like yours don't mean anything.
    Belgium is a small country about to break in two and after over four years on Channel 9 we have yet to hear about why.

• User profile image
    Bas

eagle said:
    TommyCarlier said:
    *snip*
    Belgium is a small country about to break in two and after over four years on Channel 9 we have yet to hear about why.

Maybe one of your many powerful and influential friends can tell you, Eagle. Isn't José Manuel Barroso one of your close imaginary buddies?

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

eagle said:
    TommyCarlier said:
    *snip*

What do you mean? I had to explain the political situation of my country on Channel 9 before?

And it's not like Belgium is very close to breaking in two. There's no civil war or anything like that. There are no hostilities or violence. There are just some disagreements about the responsibilities of the communities.

And why do you care? You're just using this "argument" to stir the fire a bit. And you dare to accuse the British of trolling.

• User profile image
    eagle

TommyCarlier said:
    eagle said:
    *snip*

What do you mean? I had to explain the political situation of my country on Channel 9 before?

And it's not like Belgium is very close to breaking in two. There's no civil war or anything like that. There are no hostilities or violence. There are just some disagreements about the responsibilities of the communities.

And why do you care? You're just using this "argument" to stir the fire a bit. And you dare to accuse the British of trolling.

I'll bet we'll see an outward display of Flemish separatism at the Olympic games.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

eagle said:
    TommyCarlier said:
    *snip*
    I'll bet we'll see an outward display of Flemish separatism at the Olympic games.
    I doubt it. Troll.

• User profile image
    Bas

TommyCarlier said:
    eagle said:
    *snip*
    I doubt it. Troll.

Bored troll is bored.

• User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

TommyCarlier said:
    eagle said:
    *snip*

Tommy,

refer him to a good history of Belgium if he's interested

• User profile image
    eagle

brian.shapiro said:
    TommyCarlier said:
    *snip*
    Tommy,

Here you go Brian,  all the Belgium members of Channel9 are Flemish along with the Dutch guys like Bas.

If you want more history, the Pilgrims were Flemish and English

• User profile image
    littleguru

TommyCarlier said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*
    LG, about your new avatar: that's one big invisible hamburger!
    Big Smile Haha... an invisible hamburger. I haven't seen it that way.

• User profile image
    Bas

eagle said:
    brian.shapiro said:
    *snip*
    Here you go Brian,  all the Belgium members of Channel9 are Flemish along with the Dutch guys like Bas.

If you want more history, the Pilgrims were Flemish and English
    Wait, I'm Flemish? Neat.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

brian.shapiro said:
    TommyCarlier said:
    *snip*
    Tommy,

But he's not interested. He's just trolling.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.