Coffeehouse Thread

60 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Olympics, lol

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    TommyCarlier

eagle said:
    brian.shapiro said:
    *snip*
    Here you go Brian,  all the Belgium members of Channel9 are Flemish along with the Dutch guys like Bas.

If you want more history, the Pilgrims were Flemish and English

How many Belgian members does C9 have? 3 or 4? What does that have to do with separatism? And how are the Dutch members involved?

Ah, but now I get it. Us Flemish niners are using Channel 9 to spread our separatist views. And the Dutch niners support that because the Flemish region could be reunited with the Netherlands. One detail: I'm Flemish and I'd actually prefer if Belgium would not split. Are you shocked now? Not all Flemish people are separatist.

• User profile image
    blowdart

TommyCarlier said:
    eagle said:
    *snip*

How many Belgian members does C9 have? 3 or 4? What does that have to do with separatism? And how are the Dutch members involved?

Ah, but now I get it. Us Flemish niners are using Channel 9 to spread our separatist views. And the Dutch niners support that because the Flemish region could be reunited with the Netherlands. One detail: I'm Flemish and I'd actually prefer if Belgium would not split. Are you shocked now? Not all Flemish people are separatist.

Free Waloon!

*duck*

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

eagle said:
    TommyCarlier said:
    *snip*

The hypocrisy of the British voicing their disdain for the Chinese occupation of Tibet while they still occupy six counties of Ireland has been ignored by most of the EU. 

By 2012 we may have two Belgium's just as we have two Ireland's today and as an EU citizen I see that as ridiculous and completely unnecessary.

Ever heard of devolution?

Oh yes, because just giving control of Northern Ireland back to Southern Ireland will be without problem or violence in any way.

And the situation it Tibet is just as complex. The thing that everyone is complaining about is the response of the Chinese government to the protesters.

• User profile image
    Sabot

GoddersUK said:
    eagle said:
    *snip*
    Ever heard of devolution?

Oh yes, because just giving control of Northern Ireland back to Southern Ireland will be without problem or violence in any way.

And the situation it Tibet is just as complex. The thing that everyone is complaining about is the response of the Chinese government to the protesters.
    And back to the Olympics ...

Lara Davenport, who is family, is competing in the Aussie swimming team !

• User profile image
    CKurt

TommyCarlier said:
    eagle said:
    *snip*

I'm also Flemish and would not like Belgium to slit!

PS: that makes 2 Belgian 9-ers

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

CKurt said:
    TommyCarlier said:
    *snip*
    I'm also Flemish and would not like Belgium to slit!

PS: that makes 2 Belgian 9-ers
    I'd just be happy for a heaping stack of your finest waffles!

• User profile image
    Minh

TommyCarlier said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*
    LG, about your new avatar: that's one big invisible hamburger!
    TommyCarlier said:

LG, about your new avatar: that's one big invisible hamburger!

You know... Now that littleguru has grown his hair out a bit, he looks kinda hot. Smiley

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

brian.shapiro said:
    London will have to do better in 2012, W3bbo
    ...but the world ends in 2012...Did London take this into consideration when they decided to host the games? Smiley

• User profile image
    W3bbo

jsampsonPC said:
    brian.shapiro said:
    *snip*
    ...but the world ends in 2012...Did London take this into consideration when they decided to host the games? Smiley
    The Mayan "prophesy" calls for sometime in December 2012; the 21st IIRC. The olympics would be about 4 months before then.

So that's okay Wink

(I'm actually more concerned about the LHC, the fearmongerers have gotten to me).

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

TommyCarlier said:
    eagle said:
    *snip*

Come join Holland Tommy!

Free sex, drugs and alcohol!

• User profile image
    Bas

Maddus Mattus said:
    TommyCarlier said:
    *snip*

Come join Holland Tommy!

Wait, where are they handing it out for free?

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

Bas said:
    Maddus Mattus said:
    *snip*
    Wait, where are they handing it out for free?

Hush Bas!

We need more citizens to pay for our health care and pensions.

I thought we could do a bit of marketing this way, they neednt find out there is no such thing as a free lunch after they have arrived.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Maddus Mattus said:
    TommyCarlier said:
    *snip*

Come join Holland Tommy!

But I won't accept Flemish people unless they learn to speak proper Dutch. Wink

Even the Flemish themselves apparently think they're incomprehensible: if you watch a program like Peking Express (which is a Dutch-Flemish cooperation) on Dutch TV, all the Flemish people are subtitled. If you watch it on Flemish TV, the Flemish people are still subtitled, not the Dutch!

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

Sven Groot said:
    Maddus Mattus said:
    *snip*
    But I won't accept Flemish people unless they learn to speak proper Dutch. Wink

Even the Flemish themselves apparently think they're incomprehensible: if you watch a program like Peking Express (which is a Dutch-Flemish cooperation) on Dutch TV, all the Flemish people are subtitled. If you watch it on Flemish TV, the Flemish people are still subtitled, not the Dutch!

We should do as we do with all foreign cultures we import;

learn their language!

alle manneke, hebt gij nog wat pataten voor mij?

• User profile image
    Dodo
  • User profile image
    eagle

TommyCarlier said:
    eagle said:
    *snip*
    Belgium is a small country but with a very diverse and complex culture. I don't think you understand what Belgium is all about. And it's not my job to explain it to you. Superficial comments like yours don't mean anything.
    Votre deuxième langue est l'anglais et non Français

• User profile image
    eagle

GoddersUK said:
    brian.shapiro said:
    *snip*
    I was thinking we should host eurovision 2012 and use that for the opening ceremony?
    I'm sure the Chinese government has learned from the British experience and they will send thousand of ethnic Chinese to Tibet and in two generations they will be more Tibetan then the Tibetans themselves.

Ireland should have one national football team and the member states of the EU should compete in the Olympics as the EU

• User profile image
    Bas

eagle said:
    GoddersUK said:
    *snip*
    I'm sure the Chinese government has learned from the British experience and they will send thousand of ethnic Chinese to Tibet and in two generations they will be more Tibetan then the Tibetans themselves.

Ireland should have one national football team and the member states of the EU should compete in the Olympics as the EU
     the member states of the EU should compete in the Olympics as the EU

Really? Why?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.