Coffeehouse Thread

49 posts

What did you do when Channel 9 started?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    littleguru

Channel 9 started over 4 years ago. The first video was posted on the 15th March 2004. Do you still remember what you did by that time?

I was at university (very undergrade) and did internships at a very small company (was very small by that time; is larger now). I was studying for one of my first math exams by the time that this website went on, if I remember correctly...

• User profile image
    jamie

i think i came hear from reading scoble and trying to "learn" blogging

was working for myself at home as now

• User profile image
    keeron

Going college (undergrads / C.S.) and working as an intern at a software company (my first ever job).

Not sure how I came here, but Scoble's videos were the main reason I stayed on and came everyday (most of the days, more than once)... now I don't need to come Smiley The feeds bring it to me

• User profile image
    Zeo

keeron said:
    Going college (undergrads / C.S.) and working as an intern at a software company (my first ever job).

Not sure how I came here, but Scoble's videos were the main reason I stayed on and came everyday (most of the days, more than once)... now I don't need to come Smiley The feeds bring it to me

I joined Channel9 the day it launched I remember it very well. I was in college studying CS.

• User profile image
    Bas

I was unemployed, and I loved it!

• User profile image
    stevo_

Probably just starting at the company I'm at now..

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

student

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

Key stage 3 SAT exams (roughly)

• User profile image
    Bass

The same thing I do every night, try to takeover the world..

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

I was working at call centers and assorted odd jobs; 'twas before I got into the industry (thx Ixdatul).

• User profile image
    mastermine

I was in year 9 at school doing my Keystage 3 SAT exams

• User profile image
    Jason I

I, too, joined under a different name the day it began (although, it might have been a day later). I was working for a company and thought, "we're really going to make a difference in this industry." Read into this as you might - I no longer work for them.

I was also beginning my graduate degree, which I completed not too long ago.

• User profile image
    Jason I

Off subject, LittleGuru... And no disrepect intended for the woman in the photo of your avatar (or you, for that matter).

But, that picture, and the hand gesture just has me thinking of Monty Python and the Holy Grail...."She has HUGE..... Tracts of land.."

• User profile image
    littleguru

Jason I said:
    Off subject, LittleGuru... And no disrepect intended for the woman in the photo of your avatar (or you, for that matter).

But, that picture, and the hand gesture just has me thinking of Monty Python and the Holy Grail...."She has HUGE..... Tracts of land.."

She has a vision... and she is my girlfriend Smiley

• User profile image
    MasterPi

I was still in high school, trying to keep myself busy.

• User profile image
    Cyonix

I was doing an advanced diploma in computer systems engineering

• User profile image
    JChung2006

littleguru said:
    Jason I said:
    *snip*
    She has a vision... and she is my girlfriend Smiley
    It looks like she's describing a sandwich too big for her to chew, littleguru. Wink

Anyways, what was I doing 4 years ago?  I was teaching myself ASP.NET by converting a set of ASP sites at the company I was working at while supporting a VB application I wrote 8 years prior to that.  I didn't join C9 until a year or so later, I guess.

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

I was a VB MVP working at a consulting company, but I was at the MVP Summit in Redmond when they showed it to us (not sure if that was the first day it was launched, but if not, it was only a couple days after it launched.  I signed up and thought the interviews were cool, but was most impressed with the site.  Got a job on the team a year and a half later and I'm still here.  Smiley

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.