Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

A transcript from a chat with apple support

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • Moemeka

• This is what frustrates me so much about Microsoft.  Why not join in the mud slinging and stop taking the high road.  VISTA is the BEST operating system on the PLANET.  silly bugs or not.  Apple sucks, has no compatability, and have their heads so far up their designers that all they see is animation and flashiness with NO flexibility whatsoever.

How about a commercial where they insinuate that HAL (from the movie) is a construct of Apple.  Its all well and good till it starts offing people.

.........taken from an actual chat interaction with support.......

• You: do you have any software that I can use to burn my itunes music videos onto a dvd rw?

• Elizabeth G: Here you are!

• Elizabeth G: Let me check on that for you!

• Elizabeth G: The software that we sell for DVD burning is for Macs.

• Elizabeth G: You have a PC, correct?

• You: yes, how do i watch my videos from itunes on my TV without havin to buy hardware. I just want to burn the music videos onto a DVD or CDRW

• Elizabeth G: So you do not want to purchase an iPod or Apple TV, correct?

• You: no i have already spent lots of money buying these videos over the years. i dont want to have to buy more equipment just to watch them on a TV.

• Elizabeth G: One moment please while I research this for you!

• Elizabeth G: Here is what I suggest...

• Elizabeth G: I suggest that you do some research online on how to burn the files you have onto DVD.

• Elizabeth G: It is not supported by Apple, but there is a lot of information out there to guide you.

• Elizabeth G: Here is an example...

• Elizabeth G: Check out this Google result.

• ManipUni

Apple's support is useless...

That being said this is a bad example of that.

• BlackTiger

ManipUni said:
    Apple's support is useless...

That being said this is a bad example of that.

Any "support" is useless. That's why all "support" is moved to India. It couldn't be useless even more, at least it will be cheaper.

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • Maddus Mattus

There are plenty of posts in the TechOff on howto convert movie formats,..

I am surprised the tech support didnt point to the Channel9 TechOff forum,..

• Jason I

BlackTiger said:
    ManipUni said:
    *snip*
    Any "support" is useless. That's why all "support" is moved to India. It couldn't be useless even more, at least it will be cheaper.
    Re: Support in India.

I have an HP I twice called support on, back in 2004. First call was sent to the US. The next time I called, I was put to India. The first issue was fixed (bad Hard Drive - they shipped a new one the next day). The second issue involved slow internet. The people from India were polite, prompt, and utterly useless. I had to research out the problem (it was a bad SCANNER, if you could believe that)*.

I also have a Dell XPS - All calls went to the US, both in the midwest. Both times, my issue was resolved.

Is it really a trend to have support in India? My experience shows me otherwise.

* - The issue was whenever I'd enter an internet address like http://channel9.msdn.com, I could navigate there easily. But if I merely put in channel9.msdn.com (without the prefix), , all internet browsers literally took something like 90 seconds to resolve. Apparently, with certain old HP scanners connected to a newer PC, the SCANNER tried to resolve the URL. Don't ask me why, but I found a MS KB article on it.

• KevinB

In fairness, what did you want them to say?

"Sure, sure, here is some software at http://ituneshacking.warez that will break the DRM, and then just go download FFMPEG to convert it to MPEG2 and then use Windows DVD Maker to burn it on to DVD."

Seriously....

• Refrax

Jason I said:
    BlackTiger said:
    *snip*
    Re: Support in India.

I have an HP I twice called support on, back in 2004. First call was sent to the US. The next time I called, I was put to India. The first issue was fixed (bad Hard Drive - they shipped a new one the next day). The second issue involved slow internet. The people from India were polite, prompt, and utterly useless. I had to research out the problem (it was a bad SCANNER, if you could believe that)*.

I also have a Dell XPS - All calls went to the US, both in the midwest. Both times, my issue was resolved.

Is it really a trend to have support in India? My experience shows me otherwise.

* - The issue was whenever I'd enter an internet address like http://channel9.msdn.com, I could navigate there easily. But if I merely put in channel9.msdn.com (without the prefix), , all internet browsers literally took something like 90 seconds to resolve. Apparently, with certain old HP scanners connected to a newer PC, the SCANNER tried to resolve the URL. Don't ask me why, but I found a MS KB article on it.

do you happen to still have the KB number on that?

• Jason I

Refrax said:
    Jason I said:
    *snip*
    do you happen to still have the KB number on that?
    Sorry, I don't.. This happened years ago and I don't own the scanner anymore (it wasn't even mine, it was a friend's scanner).

• Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.