Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

New vista ads

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Typhoon87

I just saw the first Vista commercial with Bill G and Senifeld. Bill is looking for shoes and seinfled suggests the conquitador. As the two walk out of the store Seinfled asks if Bill has used his amazing brain with other brains at Microsoft and he says of course  then Seinfeld asks if they come out with something to make computers edible. Bill says yea I think.  This will be an intersesting campaign.

• User profile image
    Jason I

What were you watching?

• User profile image
    KevinB

Fairly poor YouTube link:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=uz6amk3P-hY

• User profile image
    Typhoon87

Jason I said:
    What were you watching?
    I was watching the NFL regular season opener.

• User profile image
    spivonious

That was terrible.  I knew going with Seinfeld was a mistake.

Sidenote - if I'm not logged in and click reply, it logs me in.  Then I click reply again and it logs me in again.  Then I click reply and it brings me down to the reply box.  Is this happening to everyone?  IE7, Vista SP1.

• User profile image
    MasterPi

spivonious said:

Sidenote - if I'm not logged in and click reply, it logs me in.  Then I click reply again and it logs me in again.  Then I click reply and it brings me down to the reply box.  Is this happening to everyone?  IE7, Vista SP1.
    Well, it is just the beginning...

• User profile image
    Bass

spivonious said:

It's a trick! They release a terrible and pointless advertisement so that everyone blogs about how stupid it was, then they unleash the real awesomeness advertisement when no one is expecting it!!!

• User profile image
    littleguru

spivonious said:

@sidenote: I had this too. Try to click the sign in button on the top right of the website to avoid this issue. I found out that it happens when you don't save the password... you tend to end in a circle of endless sign-ins.

• User profile image
    Dovella

KevinB said:
    THX!!!!

• User profile image
    Ray7

Bass said:
    spivonious said:
    *snip*
    It's a trick! They release a terrible and pointless advertisement so that everyone blogs about how stupid it was, then they unleash the real awesomeness advertisement when no one is expecting it!!!
    I remember that  a lot of people didn't like the original 'Think Different' ads that Apple came up at the beginning of the second coming of Jobs.

A few weeks later, they were marketing classics.

I think these ads will appeal to non-geeks. This one was funny and self-effacing, and is a classic first step in a marketing campaign; getting people interested in what's to come.

• User profile image
    JChung2006

Double post.  Sorry.

• User profile image
    JChung2006

Ray7 said:
    Bass said:
    *snip*
    I remember that  a lot of people didn't like the original 'Think Different' ads that Apple came up at the beginning of the second coming of Jobs.

A few weeks later, they were marketing classics.

I think these ads will appeal to non-geeks. This one was funny and self-effacing, and is a classic first step in a marketing campaign; getting people interested in what's to come.

Shoe Circus [Microsoft]

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

JChung2006 said:
    Ray7 said:
    *snip*
    Shoe Circus [Microsoft]
    Eah... Advert is ... strange.
    My personal reaction was "Errrr.... Huh?.... Hmmmm..."

Seems like it's extremely difficult to find "mojo" in present days... Even for companies like MS or G.

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.