Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Windows Live Wave 3

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    CKurt

    Hi,

    Everybody must have heard something about it. www.liveside.net is continually blogging about it. It's going to happen some day soon now. I'm really looking forward to the new Windows Live Messenger and new Online Hotmail layout !

    Does anybody know a date ? Or had some offical microsoft responses ? Are you as excited as i am ?

  • User profile image
    TommyCarlier

    Duke, that's the wrong site: it's www.liveside.net, not livesite.

  • User profile image
    CKurt

    TommyCarlier said:
    Duke, that's the wrong site: it's www.liveside.net, not livesite.
    Hey thanks, i fixed it !

  • User profile image
    Yggdrasil

    I got a notification from Live Writer that it'll expire in a month and I should get a new version - but there's no new version available yet, which is silly. I suppose it'll come down with the rest of the Live wave, but this way just feels like they forgot all about it. Also - forced updates through mandatory expiration? Not cool.

  • User profile image
    GoddersUK

    Yggdrasil said:

    I got a notification from Live Writer that it'll expire in a month and I should get a new version - but there's no new version available yet, which is silly. I suppose it'll come down with the rest of the Live wave, but this way just feels like they forgot all about it. Also - forced updates through mandatory expiration? Not cool.

    Well it is a beta/tech preview, not a final release, so forced updates/expiration aint that bad really.

  • User profile image
    Yggdrasil

    GoddersUK said:
    Yggdrasil said:
    *snip*
    Well it is a beta/tech preview, not a final release, so forced updates/expiration aint that bad really.
    So we're going all Google now? An extended beta with no end in sight?
    Live Writer is rock solid and stable, not to mention nicely designed and fully-featured. The only reason it's not an official production version is because it's tied to the rest of the Live Wave, which is a bit silly.

  • User profile image
    Niner

    Yggdrasil said:

    I got a notification from Live Writer that it'll expire in a month and I should get a new version - but there's no new version available yet, which is silly. I suppose it'll come down with the rest of the Live wave, but this way just feels like they forgot all about it. Also - forced updates through mandatory expiration? Not cool.

    Technical Preview had Triggerd False Expiration. This is what WLWriter Team had to say :

    "On Monday (September 1, 2008) the Technical Preview of Writer started erroneously triggering expiration for October 1, 2008.  We have fixed the issue that was causing the false expiration.  While the Technical Preview of Writer will not expire on October 1, you may still see this notification again. 
    When you see this notification, click the “Ask Me Later” button and you will be able to continue using Writer without any change.
    We apologize for any confusion this may have caused."


    And yes I am also eagerly waiting for Wave3 .  May be coming week we may get  to see these Wave3 Live products. Just a guess.

  • User profile image
    Niner

    Yggdrasil said:
    GoddersUK said:
    *snip*
    So we're going all Google now? An extended beta with no end in sight?
    Live Writer is rock solid and stable, not to mention nicely designed and fully-featured. The only reason it's not an official production version is because it's tied to the rest of the Live Wave, which is a bit silly.
    I think regular version of WLWriter is also available, as is Tech Preview version.
    I dont think it will be like Google , (or its product name itself is gmail beta?)
    once wave3 testing phase is over, WLWriter will be provided with a regular stable ver. of Wave3 as was done for wave2.

  • User profile image
    CKurt

    Niner said:
    Yggdrasil said:
    *snip*
    Technical Preview had Triggerd False Expiration. This is what WLWriter Team had to say :

    "On Monday (September 1, 2008) the Technical Preview of Writer started erroneously triggering expiration for October 1, 2008.  We have fixed the issue that was causing the false expiration.  While the Technical Preview of Writer will not expire on October 1, you may still see this notification again. 
    When you see this notification, click the “Ask Me Later” button and you will be able to continue using Writer without any change.
    We apologize for any confusion this may have caused."


    And yes I am also eagerly waiting for Wave3 .  May be coming week we may get  to see these Wave3 Live products. Just a guess.
    I also think it's gonna be next week !

    Because on 'PDC08 Countdown' they sead they would release A LOT of new sessions on Monday. So the'll probably say when it's going to launch...

    I'm guessing and hoping....

  • User profile image
    intelman

    CKurt said:
    Niner said:
    *snip*
    I also think it's gonna be next week !

    Because on 'PDC08 Countdown' they sead they would release A LOT of new sessions on Monday. So the'll probably say when it's going to launch...

    I'm guessing and hoping....
    Waiting for neat things is hard, I want Wave 3 now Sad. Maybe the beta will start soon...

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.