Coffeehouse Thread

18 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

McCain Momentum Music

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    raymond

Go Johnny Go Go

We Are The Champions

• User profile image
    wisemx

Ooh Rah! Big Smile

• User profile image
    Minh

wisemx said:
    Ooh Rah! Big Smile
    Chuck Berry Says He's All About Obama

Article said:

"In the '50s there were certain places we couldn't ride on the bus," Berry said. "And now there is a possibility of a black man being in White House. Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, free at last," he said, quoting the words of a Negro spiritual song famously invoked by assassinated civil rights activist Martin Luther King Jr.

And we all know how republicans feel about queens... I mean Queen.

• User profile image
    corona_coder

Minh said:
    wisemx said:
    *snip*

McCain will win this election.  His speeh the other night, flawless and to the point.  It was one of those speeches that was on par with the Gettysburg address.  It was an event worthy of THE PRESIDENT.  I have no doubt in my mind that President McCain and Vice President Palin will utterly destroy Obama.  Obama will destroy this country if he gets in.  McCain has and will always be my 1st choice for president.

Obama is like Microsoft, a sinking ship and Obama will lose.  Russia and everyone who would oppress and torture innocents are put on notice.  I even think the FSF and RMS himself are endorsing McCain.

• User profile image
    Minh

corona_coder said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*
    McCain will win this election.  His speeh the other night, flawless and to the point.  It was one of those speeches that was on par with the Gettysburg address.  It was an event worthy of THE PRESIDENT.  I have no doubt in my mind that President McCain and Vice President Palin will utterly destroy Obama.  Obama will destroy this country if he gets in.  McCain has and will always be my 1st choice for president.

Obama is like Microsoft, a sinking ship and Obama will lose.  Russia and everyone who would oppress and torture innocents are put on notice.  I even think the FSF and RMS himself are endorsing McCain.
    Expressionless

• User profile image
    wisemx

Minh said:
    corona_coder said:
    *snip*
    Expressionless
    McCain is the man for the job.
    I have nothing against Obama.
    As an Honor Guard you can imagine how much Honor and Respect I have for McCain.

• User profile image
    phreaks

wisemx said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*
    McCain is the man for the job.
    I have nothing against Obama.
    As an Honor Guard you can imagine how much Honor and Respect I have for McCain.
    AP said:

It marked the end of an astonishing run where more than 40 million people watched political speeches on three nights by Obama, McCain and Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin. The Republican convention was the most-watched convention on television ever, beating a standard set by the Democrats a week earlier.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D930S7U81&show_article=1

And the dems convention wasn't competing with the opening NFL game for viewers...

Not that I believe viewership translates to votes, I just thought it is interesting, seeing how biased towards Obama all the media has been.

(y)

• User profile image
    jamie

hey raymond... did you ever check out the Radio thread?

also - i could be wrong but do you like brian wilson?
    http://www.brianwilson.com/hires.html

4 new songs in a row.. amazing

ps obama!  Tongue Out

• User profile image
    VB Man

Minh said:
    wisemx said:
    *snip*

It seems that most African Americans are voting him simply "because he's black".

Why are people so hung up on race these days? Just pick the better candidate!

• User profile image
    evildictait​or

VB Man said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*
    It seems that most African Americans are voting him simply "because he's black".

In fairness, there's a whole lotta people voting McDonalds *cough* McCain because he's the not-black one.

• User profile image
    evildictait​or

corona_coder said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*

corona_coder said:
    Obama is like Microsoft

You mean a well respected enterprising man whose name is known throughout the world and who brings in vast resources for America while helping people to achieve more in their time during work hours?

.. oh wait, I broke your metaphor.

• User profile image
    harumscarum

it is going to be a long 2 months....

• User profile image
    Klaus Enevoldsen

corona_coder said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*

That McCain dude, isn't he a bit old? I mean like very old, it is a bit of a risk to have such an old man as the president, right? Is he in perfect health?

• User profile image
    evildictait​or

Klaus Enevoldsen said:
    corona_coder said:
    *snip*
    That McCain dude, isn't he a bit old? I mean like very old, it is a bit of a risk to have such an old man as the president, right? Is he in perfect health?
    The bit the scares the hell outta me is if he dies, who's going to be in charge? The creationist teaching, abortion hating, bear shooting, climate change skeptic with her total executive exeperience being a couple of years as mayor of Alaska. She can invade Iran knowing full well that God is on her side, and killing Iranians is kind of like killing bears. And they have oil, just like Alaska does. wooo. And she can crack down on all of the so called "science" being taught in schools and replace them with mandatory prayers.

No offense, but this seems like train-wreck waiting to happen.

• User profile image
    wisemx

VB Man said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*

Good point. Honestly. Big Smile

My mother is a woman of color...
    Having grown up in Detroit I more than likely favor Obama for that reason...
    However I am supporting McCain because, as I have stated, he is the man for the job.

Again, I hold the highest regard, Respect and Honor, for McCain.

• User profile image
    Yggdrasil

VB Man said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*

People are hung up on race because race is still an issue. People are still discriminated by race, and people still feel judged by their race. Picking a candidate based on their opinions and stances on race is certainly a reasonable, logical choice. Deciding which candidate is the right one in terms of race issues is a different matter, but race, itself, is certainly an issue.

• User profile image
    phreaks

Yggdrasil said:
    VB Man said:
    *snip*
    People are hung up on race because race is still an issue. People are still discriminated by race, and people still feel judged by their race. Picking a candidate based on their opinions and stances on race is certainly a reasonable, logical choice. Deciding which candidate is the right one in terms of race issues is a different matter, but race, itself, is certainly an issue.
    Only if you're a racist.

• User profile image
    Minh

phreaks said:
    Yggdrasil said:
    *snip*
    Only if you're a racist.
    Oh, come on. It's not that simple.

Plus, this isn't even an option in the first 220 years of American presidential election.

• Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.