Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

A Day of Microsoft

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    MasterPi

I just attended a campus MS recruiting event in which the alums talked about their experience.

A couple questions I had for you employees and interns of the borg:

1.) Do you guys really play ping pong all day?
    2.) Are they really building a mall on the MS campus?
    3.) Do you make use of the "deliver food to office" program?
    4.) Do you make use of the "deliver groceries to home" program?
    5.) Is there really a job title known as "Ninja"?

Smiley

• User profile image
    littleguru

1) All day. I do nothing else.
    2) Oh yeah! Spend my whole day shopping there. It's still considered to be a CTP. You might have issues with stuff falling on you etc.
    3) Food? Are we supposed to eat? I thought we only play ping pong.
    4) Yeah, the nice people from Amazon deliver good food.
    5) Ssssshhht or they remove and I can't use it anymore.

Posted from his iPhone while playing ping pong.

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

littleguru said:
    2) Oh yeah! Spend my whole day shopping there. It's still considered to be a CTP. You might have issues with stuff falling on you etc.

How can you spend your whole day shopping, but do nothing other than play ping pong?  Do you play ping pong while shopping?

If so, I suppose you could squeeze in a Double Quarter Pounder between rounds, no?

• User profile image
    littleguru

SlackmasterK said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*
    How can you spend your whole day shopping, but do nothing other than play ping pong?  Do you play ping pong while shopping?

If so, I suppose you could squeeze in a Double Quarter Pounder between rounds, no?
    Indeed. You found out how I did it... We have these portable ping pong tables. They are awesome... Ping pong on the go!! for the win!

• User profile image
    jason818_25​3.33

littleguru said:
    SlackmasterK said:
    *snip*
    Indeed. You found out how I did it... We have these portable ping pong tables. They are awesome... Ping pong on the go!! for the win!

I don’t know, I think Channel 9 has become predictable. The conversation traffic in the coffee house has slowed considerably to what it was a year or two ago. At least that’s how it feels to me. The videos are all very technical. They are all now shows and promote/market some angle or another. If this is where Channel 9 is going, count me out. Some of the best interviews were just that, interviews on the fly. Yawn, I think I’m falling a sleep.  Littleguru, can you make a video of you playing Ping pong as a Ninja? Ok don’t go that crazy. But how about posting a video threw soap box? I don’t know, you might get in trouble for doing your own video interviews.  But you have access to some very smart people and it would be neat to see more of those types of interviews. You know the kind, the kind that make people say things they 'could get in trouble for'.  well, thats just what i miss about c9 lately.

• User profile image
    Jason I

littleguru said:

Be careful of Ninjas in the workplace..

• User profile image
    littleguru

jason818_253.33 said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*

I don’t know, I think Channel 9 has become predictable. The conversation traffic in the coffee house has slowed considerably to what it was a year or two ago. At least that’s how it feels to me. The videos are all very technical. They are all now shows and promote/market some angle or another. If this is where Channel 9 is going, count me out. Some of the best interviews were just that, interviews on the fly. Yawn, I think I’m falling a sleep.  Littleguru, can you make a video of you playing Ping pong as a Ninja? Ok don’t go that crazy. But how about posting a video threw soap box? I don’t know, you might get in trouble for doing your own video interviews.  But you have access to some very smart people and it would be neat to see more of those types of interviews. You know the kind, the kind that make people say things they 'could get in trouble for'.  well, thats just what i miss about c9 lately.

Hmmm... interesting feedback. I have a question: you say in one sentence that the videos are very technical and in the other you say that you miss the 'could get in trouble for' videos. Does that mean that you want more tech or less? What do you mean by on the go? Like going into an office without making an appointment and doing a video?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.