Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

OT - A Forum member needs your help - Email

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    CplCarrot

Sorry if this is too off topic but I reconed you would feel my pain.

We are having major problems with our email at the moment and I would like to ask the help of the members here to track it down.
    It appears that some of our mail arrives and some just disappears into a black hole. It seems to be related to the ISP of the sender but I cant gather enough data to prove it yet.

Can you send me an email at test@sambasoftware.com and make a short note here that you sent it. That way I can see how bad the problem is and how big a stick I need to use on the heads of my hosting company.

Thanks in advance. Charlie

• User profile image
    prog_dotnet

email is sent on a jouney to your "black hole"...

• User profile image
    redvamp128

Well hope this helps- I know with my ISP they have for thier email some spam filters... also along the lines of hotmail...Some will filter out for examp

TEST MESSAGE (subject line)

the all caps used for some filters.

YOU are #1 and and Tops in the Field!!!!!!
    The use of the punctuation.(!!!!!)

(LOL) or Blank Subject lines.
    They filter those out for the use of ( ( ) ) and the blankness.

Also sometimes mail for example depending on the server can take up to 24 hours to be posted- because of updates and network traffic.

So it is possible the mail you are not getting could fall into those categories.

Also if your email has a bulk mail folder sometimes the limits on that do not allow for incomming traffic.

• User profile image
    CplCarrot

redvamp128 wrote:
    Well hope this helps- I know with my ISP they have for thier email some spam filters... also along the lines of hotmail...Some will filter out for examp
    <SNIP>
    </SNIP>

So it is possible the mail you are not getting could fall into those categories.

Also if your email has a bulk mail folder sometimes the limits on that do not allow for incomming traffic.

This may be the cause but early results (5 actually - not exactly statistically valid) indicate that my hosting Co in the US is blocking a whole block of IP addresses at a very course level.

Unfortunatly this block includes half my customers. The Hosting Co and my ISP Tech Support seems to need a clip round the ear with data to get them to sort it out. Hence my plea.

Thank you all for your help - keep em coming

Charlie Maitland.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.