Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Why don't let Bill talk?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Minh

I was watching again, the Seinfeld / Gates ad...

and I thought something feels odd. I thought Bill spoke in very short sentences. So I did a count.

Bill gates had, on average, less than 2 words per line. C'mon!

* Well, this was a nicely formatted table, but C9's retarded policy of removing formattings reduced it to this mess.

Spkr Line Count

JS Shoe Circus, quality shoes at discount prices. Why pay more? Bill Gates? 12
    16 # of JS 10.3 Avg / line
    BG Jerry Seinfeld? 2
    10 # of BG 1.9 Avg / line
    JS Churro? 1

BG I'm good. 2
    155 19

BG The left one's a little tight 6
    12 2

XSG They'll stretch 2
    1 2

JS You sure they’ll stretch? 4
    4 6

JS Is that your toe? 4
    4 1

BG No 1
    3 1

JS What is it? 3
    30 1

BG Leather. 1
    12 1

JS These are Conquistadors, they run very tight. You get the other one. You know what I do? I wear them in the shower. Ever wear clothes in the shower, Bill? 30
    3 1

BG Never 1
    4 2

JS You're dressed, and you're clean. Open the door, go about your business. 12
    3 2

JS He's a 10 3

XSG 10 1

JS See how that feels 4

BG Better 1

JS That's a 10 3

XW Is the The Conquistador? 4

JS Guess what, Bill. You're a 10. 6

XM They run very tight 4

XSG Are you a Shoe Circus Clown Club member? 8

BG Platinum 1

JS What do you get with that card? 7

BG Big-top points 2

JS Aahh 1

JS You know, I imagine, over the years, you mind-meld your magnum Jupiter brain with those other Saturn-ring brains of Microsoft. 22

BG I have. 2

JS Just wondering, are they ever going to come out with something that'll make our computers moist and chewy like cakes so that we can eat them while we're working? If it's yes, give me a signal. Adjust your shorts. 39

JS Oh, I knew it. 4

• User profile image
    tfraser

Interesting. Perhaps the advertising agency scripted it with this in mind because Bill charges a higher rate per word than Jerry. After all, Microsoft couldn't blow their entire 300 million dollars on just one ad.

• User profile image
    jamie

tfraser said:
    Interesting. Perhaps the advertising agency scripted it with this in mind because Bill charges a higher rate per word than Jerry. After all, Microsoft couldn't blow their entire 300 million dollars on just one ad.
    lol

• User profile image
    magicalclick

tfraser said:
    LOL

Maybe he is like that in real person. Super short answer. Quick and clear.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

Because Seinfeld is playing the annoying, jokey, talkative one. Bill Gates is a lot like the straight man, see his reaction to Seinfeld talking about wearing shoes in the shower.

• User profile image
    giovanni

You have way too much time in your hands...

• User profile image
    La Bomba

giovanni said:

You have way too much time in your hands...

You may want to re-think that comment.

• User profile image
    giovanni

La Bomba said:
    giovanni said:
    *snip*
    You may want to re-think that comment.
    I guess I did

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.