Coffeehouse Thread

28 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

EYEphone

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

im on the verge of getting an iphone - the main reason?  because i can SEE what it does.

ALL the ms phones - other phones are tiny screens and tiny text

i dont want to go with 3 yr contract and 6 gigs a month for 80 bucks.. but i am about too.. why?

because ms just wont bring out a phone that is a computer in your hand that i can read

i checked out the new zunes

as if im going to pay the same for an mp3 player

WHEN WILL MS HAVE A PHONE, MAP,INTERNET,MOVIE,PICTURE TOUCH SCREEN??

i doubt it will be in the next few weeks...  

looks like i have to be uncool and get an apple phone Smiley

edit:  i checked and there are now winmedia plugins for it so i can have my photostories and videos
    weird that i have to check apples pluggins to get a phone to view my microsoft media

• User profile image
    magicalclick

I don't think they are going to make cell phone, better stick with iPhone. They are not going to make a cell phone until barely anyone uses WM phone, like most people use iPhone or manufacture is in favor of free Google thing.

MS clearly stated that they are not going to make cell phone too. That's a really sad thing because ZunePhone could be the next. And why get Zune when cell phones are playing music now? And carrying both Zune and cell phone is no fun at all. I really hope MS changes their mind and make a ZunePhone. Doesn't have to be all generalized like WM.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    jamie

magicalclick said:
    I don't think they are going to make cell phone, better stick with iPhone. They are not going to make a cell phone until barely anyone uses WM phone, like most people use iPhone or manufacture is in favor of free Google thing.

MS clearly stated that they are not going to make cell phone too. That's a really sad thing because ZunePhone could be the next. And why get Zune when cell phones are playing music now? And carrying both Zune and cell phone is no fun at all. I really hope MS changes their mind and make a ZunePhone. Doesn't have to be all generalized like WM.
    agreed... except - its Xphone Smiley

• User profile image
    Dodo

jamie said:
    magicalclick said:
    *snip*
    agreed... except - its Xphone Smiley
    nah, Xphone is bad, sounds like it's your 'ex' aka 'old' phone.

Make it Zphone (SeePhone) sounds better and would get you instantly buying it because you just want to be able to 'see' (or maybe read) your stuff Smiley

• User profile image
    jamie

Dodo said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*
    nah, Xphone is bad, sounds like it's your 'ex' aka 'old' phone.

Make it Zphone (SeePhone) sounds better and would get you instantly buying it because you just want to be able to 'see' (or maybe read) your stuff Smiley
    i like Zphone better than zune phone

zune has a bad rep to over come

Z or X dont

*good point about ex-phone though

would need xbox logo x

• User profile image
    JChung2006

I don't think Microsoft can make an iPhone competitor without severely damaging its relationships with WinMo adopters.

• User profile image
    Dodo

JChung2006 said:
    I don't think Microsoft can make an iPhone competitor without severely damaging its relationships with WinMo adopters.
    I'm not so sure, though, how about making a Zphone running Windows Mobile wich has additional WiFi and Zune Marketplace capabilities (to cover the lack of iTunes). I would love that, combined with ZunePass and worldwide availability it would really rock. Smiley

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

hello? Windows Mobile Classic/Professional?

• User profile image
    La Bomba

I'm in the same boat as you jamie, it's expensive, but it's really good at what it does.

• User profile image
    Turbodad

JChung2006 said:
    I don't think Microsoft can make an iPhone competitor.

There, fixed it for you.

• User profile image
    DCMonkey

Turbodad said:
    JChung2006 said:
    *snip*
    I don't think Microsoft can make an iPhone competitor.

There, fixed it for you.

But MS's next version of IE Mobile will be IE6 compatible! How can they lose!?!

• User profile image
    daSmirnov

I've just got an HTC Touch Pro.  Sure its smaller than an iPhone, but its got a VGA screen and the text looks gorgeous.  It comes with Opera 9.something or other, honestly who uses IE with Windows Mobile anymore?

If you don't fancy having a querty keyboard on the thing, there's the Touch Diamond which my other half has and works fine.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

magicalclick said:

Indeed, I reckon a ZunePhone would rock! The Zune80 is the perfect size for a decent phone. If it had a blackberry-like keypad it could totally replace the zunes controls, have a full qwerty and retain that gorgeous screen. Typically, I have 3* pockets: keys, phone, money. Can't put either in with the other: pull the keys out and money goes everywhere, put phone with money/keys and it gets scratched. So I have to put the zune with its back to the BB's back so that they don't scuff and scratch eachother.. complicated. So ZunePhone would get an instant buy from me - so long as it had a QWERTY. Mind you.. I'd find it difficult parting from my Crackberry. Love that thing.

*3 pockets on schooltrousers for some reason - front and 1 back.

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    VB Man

Seriously, get a 3G iPhone. You can't go wrong. It has the largest developer base... you don't see Ebay, Facebook, MySpace etc making special apps for Windows Mobile do you?

When the push notification service comes out this month, or later in October, it will dominate even more.

You cannot go wrong with a 3G iPhone. No phone on the market looks as good, is as responsive, has a more clean UI and more functional applications then the iPhone. The iPhone is more than a phone, it is a social networking device, email client, gps, and most importantly, THE BEST IPOD EVER.

• User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

daSmirnov said:
    I've just got an HTC Touch Pro.  Sure its smaller than an iPhone, but its got a VGA screen and the text looks gorgeous.  It comes with Opera 9.something or other, honestly who uses IE with Windows Mobile anymore?

If you don't fancy having a querty keyboard on the thing, there's the Touch Diamond which my other half has and works fine.
    dasmirnov

What wireless carrier in the US will be selling the HTC touch pro, sprint?

• User profile image
    tfraser

VB Man said:
    Seriously, get a 3G iPhone. You can't go wrong. It has the largest developer base... you don't see Ebay, Facebook, MySpace etc making special apps for Windows Mobile do you?

When the push notification service comes out this month, or later in October, it will dominate even more.

You cannot go wrong with a 3G iPhone. No phone on the market looks as good, is as responsive, has a more clean UI and more functional applications then the iPhone. The iPhone is more than a phone, it is a social networking device, email client, gps, and most importantly, THE BEST IPOD EVER.

Is that post just a slab of text copied from the iPhone web site?

• User profile image
    DCMonkey

VB Man said:

When Apple can bar your app from the only legit distribution mechanism, after you've spent time and resources developing it, because it doesn't meet thier nebulous standards for utility or competes with thier own apps in some manner, why would anyone waste their time with the iPhone platform for anything but the most trivial apps?

• User profile image
    Turbodad

DCMonkey said:
    VB Man said:
    *snip*
    When Apple can bar your app from the only legit distribution mechanism, after you've spent time and resources developing it, because it doesn't meet thier nebulous standards for utility or competes with thier own apps in some manner, why would anyone waste their time with the iPhone platform for anything but the most trivial apps?
    <...>why would anyone waste their time with the iPhone platform for anything but the most trivial apps?
    At least they don't have to waste their time programming task managers to help with non-working OS memory management.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.