Coffeehouse Thread

31 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

PC/OS 2008v2 preloaded

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    rjdohnert

Ray7 said:
    rjdonhert said:
    *snip*

To be honest, I've never really seen the problem with not being able to remove stuff; it's never stopped me using FireFox, or QuickTime or anything else.

But good luck with the PyStar stuff; anything that helps them is all good in my opinion.

" To be honest, I've never really seen the problem with not being able to remove stuff; it's never stopped me using FireFox, or QuickTime or anything else."

You cant remove it.  You can make those things the default, yet you cant uninstall.  They are always there.   This is called bundling not preconfiguring.  Here is an example, with PC/OS OpenServer system I recommend Darwin Streaming Server.  I have a christian radio station in Asheville NC that uses PC/OS for streaming their podcasts and video files, they also use a bible reader and whatever else.  They also use a Java media player on their desktops and Firefox 3.  They can completely remove mplayer and VLC, they can completely remove Flock and they can completely remove Darwin Streaming Server so that the only thing on the system is what you want.  You cant do that with Windows.

• User profile image
    stevo_

rjdohnert said:
    Ray7 said:
    *snip*
    " To be honest, I've never really seen the problem with not being able to remove stuff; it's never stopped me using FireFox, or QuickTime or anything else."

You cant remove it.  You can make those things the default, yet you cant uninstall.  They are always there.   This is called bundling not preconfiguring.  Here is an example, with PC/OS OpenServer system I recommend Darwin Streaming Server.  I have a christian radio station in Asheville NC that uses PC/OS for streaming their podcasts and video files, they also use a bible reader and whatever else.  They also use a Java media player on their desktops and Firefox 3.  They can completely remove mplayer and VLC, they can completely remove Flock and they can completely remove Darwin Streaming Server so that the only thing on the system is what you want.  You cant do that with Windows.
    Can't remove what from windows exactly? the only thing on that list that comes bundled with windows is windows media player.. and you can uninstall it, and microsoft even made special versions of windows (due to enforcement of "law"), where it isn't bundled by default, and 'nobody' bought it..

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

stevo_ said:
    rjdohnert said:
    *snip*
    Can't remove what from windows exactly? the only thing on that list that comes bundled with windows is windows media player.. and you can uninstall it, and microsoft even made special versions of windows (due to enforcement of "law"), where it isn't bundled by default, and 'nobody' bought it..
    What you cant uninstall from Windows:

Internet Explorer
    Windows Photo Gallery
    Windows Calendar
    Windows Mail
    Windows Vista Search
    Windows Media Player

You can disable them and choose other apps but you cant remove them completely.  Thats where Microsoft catches so much flac. 

• User profile image
    corona_coder

rjdohnert said:
    stevo_ said:
    *snip*
    What you cant uninstall from Windows:

Internet Explorer
    Windows Photo Gallery
    Windows Calendar
    Windows Mail
    Windows Vista Search
    Windows Media Player

You can disable them and choose other apps but you cant remove them completely.  Thats where Microsoft catches so much flac. 
    What you say doesnt matter.  I sent my cease and desist to Psystar this morning, Im confident the P, drop the C, OS option will be removed by morning time.  Dont go away mad rj, just go away.  Your involvement in GNU/Linux is unwanted and unwelcome.  Your distro is unwanted and unwelcome.

• User profile image
    littleguru

corona_coder said:
    rjdohnert said:
    *snip*
    What you say doesnt matter.  I sent my cease and desist to Psystar this morning, Im confident the P, drop the C, OS option will be removed by morning time.  Dont go away mad rj, just go away.  Your involvement in GNU/Linux is unwanted and unwelcome.  Your distro is unwanted and unwelcome.
    by whom? you... and who else? don't make statements out of thin air.

• User profile image
    matthews

littleguru said:
    corona_coder said:
    *snip*
    by whom? you... and who else? don't make statements out of thin air.
    The hive-mind.

• User profile image
    blowdart

matthews said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*
    The hive-mind.
    You're giving too much credit; it's the voices in his head.

• User profile image
    blowdart

corona_coder said:
    rjdohnert said:
    *snip*
    BTW still waiting for proof that Brian would let you talk on behalf of a community you have no connection with. Oh and your mythical patents would be funny too.

• User profile image
    Ray7

corona_coder said:

I saw that on your blog.  Dont worry, Im writing Psystar an cease and desist.

Oh, I don't think anyone is worried ... Smiley

• User profile image
    jjesse

blowdart said:
    matthews said:
    *snip*
    You're giving too much credit; it's the voices in his head.

The last post from Corna_Coder was at 4:15pm yesterday and this mroning from Psystar I can still purchase a computer with PC/OS on it.
    I'm glad another company listened to corna

• User profile image
    jjesse

jjesse said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*

The last post from Corna_Coder was at 4:15pm yesterday and this mroning from Psystar I can still purchase a computer with PC/OS on it.
    I'm glad another company listened to corna

Hate to bring up this thread again, but still waiting to hear the success story that Corna has with removing PC/OS from Psystars website.  Looks like I can still purchase it    

• User profile image
    blowdart

jjesse said:
    jjesse said:
    *snip*

Hate to bring up this thread again, but still waiting to hear the success story that Corna has with removing PC/OS from Psystars website.  Looks like I can still purchase it    

well that might be because a cease and desist from a non-legal source is likely to be written in crayon.

courts and lawyers issue cease and desists, not trolls.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Minh said:
    TommyCarlier said:
    *snip*
    Tee Hee...

I found a picture of corona.

But, yeah, rj... I don't understand the world of Linux... but that sounds like a good thing.
    orjjii? LOL

Congrats rj. Will be playing with PCOS soon.

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.