Coffeehouse Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Penny Arcade take on the ads. NSFW, I guess...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Bas

Fantastic.

• User profile image
    matthews

Jerry: Oh, I can't begin to tell you how much I hate that commercial.

Donna: Really? I like that commercial. (Jerry pauses)

Jerry: You like that commercial?

Donna: Yeah, it's clever.

Jerry: Now wait a second, you mean the one where the guys are all standing around, supposedly being very casual and witty?

Donna: Yeah, that's the one.

Jerry: What could you possibly like about that?

Donna: I don't know, I like the guys.

Jerry: Yeah, they're so funny and so comfortable with each other, and I could be comfortable too, if I had pants like that. I could sit on a porch and wrestle around, and maybe even be part of a real bull session.

Donna: Hey, I know guys like that. To me the dialogue rings true.

Jerry: (Shrugs. Pause) Even if the dialogue did ring true. Even if somehow somewhere men actually talk like that, what does that have to do with the pants? Doesn't that bother you?

Donna: (Increasingly annoyed) That's the idea. That's what's clever about it, that they're not talking about the pants.

Jerry: But they're talking about nothing.

Donna: That's the point.

Jerry: I know the point.

Donna: No one is telling you to like it.

Jerry: I mean, all those quick shots of the pants, just pants, pants, pants, pants, pants, pants, pants. What is that supposed to be?

(Donna sighs, leans away from Jerry, looks at watch)

• User profile image
    turrican

cool.

The thing is, SF show was about "nothing"... the first commercial is also about "nothing" ( sort'a )... many don't get it though. I think it's brilliant. Keeps people talking about it the least to say.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.