Coffeehouse Thread

45 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Zune 3 Software is OUT

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Dovella
  • User profile image
    stevo_

Discover music everywhere ... as long as your definition of everywhere is .. america.

• User profile image
    Dovella

stevo_ said:
    Discover music everywhere ... as long as your definition of everywhere is .. america.
    Sad

• User profile image
    stevo_

Dovella said:
    stevo_ said:
    *snip*
    Sad

Installing now, I've used the zune software since launch.. it lets me pretend I own a zune Tongue Out + I think its a really nice music player.

• User profile image
    Dovella

stevo_ said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*

Installing now, I've used the zune software since launch.. it lets me pretend I own a zune Tongue Out + I think its a really nice music player.

ok, now I also feel  Wink

• User profile image
    Dovella

stevo_ said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*

Wow, is very very cool , i try 64 bit version is superfast.
    PS this is WPF??

• User profile image
    stevo_

Dovella said:
    stevo_ said:
    *snip*
    Wow, is very very cool , i try 64 bit version is superfast.
    PS this is WPF??
    No, its a variation of the markup designed for media center.

• User profile image
    Dovella

stevo_ said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*
    No, its a variation of the markup designed for media center.
    in fact resembles to a mini media center , very very cool!!
    congratulation Microsoft

@Microsoft

PLS ZUNE IN EUROPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• User profile image
    mikexkearney

Dovella said:
    stevo_ said:
    *snip*
    in fact resembles to a mini media center , very very cool!!
    congratulation Microsoft

@Microsoft

PLS ZUNE IN EUROPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The main menu is smaller now, suddenly the world is out of sync!!!! I already had games on it and the menu retained it's size...oh well, Ill live. 

• User profile image
    Harlequin

mikexkearney said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*
    The main menu is smaller now, suddenly the world is out of sync!!!! I already had games on it and the menu retained it's size...oh well, Ill live. 
    It's a nice looking media player, but I can't seem to find an EQ. Does it have one?

Also has a 115MB RAM footprint which is a big OUCH. Maybe it's just high because it's adding my music to it's library since the CPU is up there too.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Harlequin said:
    mikexkearney said:
    *snip*
    It's a nice looking media player, but I can't seem to find an EQ. Does it have one?

Also has a 115MB RAM footprint which is a big OUCH. Maybe it's just high because it's adding my music to it's library since the CPU is up there too.
    The Zune software has never had an EQ.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

CannotResolveSymbol said:
    Harlequin said:
    *snip*
    Probably why it sounds like crap with my headphones on Smiley

Not a fan of the rating system with the hearts either. Seems to be love/like/hate, instead of the 5 star system everywhere else(and I guess in the mp3's ID tag). Unless love/like/hate translates to 5/3/1 stars respectively.

It is nice looking software. Looks like it would be sweet as a touchscreen media center.

• User profile image
    intelman

Harlequin said:
    *snip*
    The 1.0 software did.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Harlequin said:
    *snip*
    Probably why it sounds like crap with my headphones on Smiley

Not a fan of the rating system with the hearts either. Seems to be love/like/hate, instead of the 5 star system everywhere else(and I guess in the mp3's ID tag). Unless love/like/hate translates to 5/3/1 stars respectively.

It is nice looking software. Looks like it would be sweet as a touchscreen media center.

I don't really understand why a music player needs a rating system anyway. Why would I have any music I don't like in my library?

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

Sven Groot said:
    Harlequin said:
    *snip*

I don't really understand why a music player needs a rating system anyway. Why would I have any music I don't like in my library?

me too, Recently Played combined with Recently Added is much more useful to me...

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Sven Groot said:
    Harlequin said:
    *snip*

Very true, but if you share your library and one song in an album has 1 star whilst the other 13 songs have 5, you might skip that one song, or at least listen to it, agree, and not waste time listening to the whole thing.

• User profile image
    Bass

Sven Groot said:
    Harlequin said:
    *snip*

IMO, everything after the ability to play music is just fluff.

• User profile image
    OrigamiCar

I've been a zune user since the first gen devices came out and I picked up a 120gb zune last weekend in Target to replace my old 30gb device. The zune device really is a nice piece of equipment and so far hasn't really been getting the recognition it deserves.
    This does seem to be slowly changing though - even Gizmodo (or Applemodo as I like to call them Wink) says that Microsoft beats Apple Genius with Mixview here http://gizmodo.com/5050410/microsoft-beats-apples-itunes-genius-with-mixview Wow, hell hath frozen over!

I use the zune desktop software on one of these as a touchscreen jukebox at home and it's works out pretty good.

The new updates are pretty nice.
    The ONE thing I wish the zune hardware device could do that it currently doesn't would be the ability to browse/filter music by year (or decade). Having a large collection of tunes on it, sometimes I want to browse/listen to the newer albums I've put on there and it's hard to do so without having to remember what they are. For now, I create playlists for each year/decade and that helps, but it sure would be nice if they had browse by year in there.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.