Coffeehouse Thread

16 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

And my book proposal is accepted

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    blowdart

Unfortunately

wasn't allowed (Alex can I use this for fun in a blog post?) but come March I should have delivered "Beginning ASP.NET 3.5 secure development" and come June you can order signed copies, which will destroy the resale value.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

It should have been "Fixing Other Peoples Code", instead of "Fixing other peoples code". Looks better that way as a book title.

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Ok, will you subsequently be releasing 'Finishing ASP.NET 3.5 Secure Development' as well? You could charge more for it, once people are hooked.

Herbie

• User profile image
    blowdart

Dr Herbie said:
    Ok, will you subsequently be releasing 'Finishing ASP.NET 3.5 Secure Development' as well? You could charge more for it, once people are hooked.

Herbie
    Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Bass

Congrats on your book blowdart!! Does your book "Fixing other people's code" also come with an ice pick to gouge your eyes out?

• User profile image
    alexmac

Bass said:
    Congrats on your book blowdart!! Does your book "Fixing other people's code" also come with an ice pick to gouge your eyes out?
    Hi Barry,
    Congrats on the book that is very cool. Yep no worries you can use the image.

We look forward to Harlequin's book on being pedantic sorry I meant "Being Pedantic" Wink

• User profile image
    blowdart

alexmac said:
    Bass said:
    *snip*
    Hi Barry,
    Congrats on the book that is very cool. Yep no worries you can use the image.

We look forward to Harlequin's book on being pedantic sorry I meant "Being Pedantic" Wink
    Heh, watch out or I'll come down and present and force signed copies on people.

• User profile image
    jamie

blowdart said:
    alexmac said:
    *snip*
    Heh, watch out or I'll come down and present and force signed copies on people.
    congrats!

• User profile image
    MasterPi

Congrats. Did you mention me in your book? Big Smile

• User profile image
    blowdart

mVPstar said:
    Congrats. Did you mention me in your book? Big Smile
    Haha you're the 3rd person to ask about the dedications section. I am taking bribes.

• User profile image
    Dan

blowdart said:
    mVPstar said:
    *snip*
    Haha you're the 3rd person to ask about the dedications section. I am taking bribes.
    Congrats on the book, get ready to enter a world of pain Smiley

• User profile image
    blowdart

Dan said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*
    Congrats on the book, get ready to enter a world of pain Smiley
    Hmm darker orange for MS staff now? That's rather more subtle than the windows flag.

It shouldn't be too painful; it's a beginners book. That's what I keep telling myself.

• User profile image
    Dovella

Congrats Big Smile

• User profile image
    Minh

blowdart said:
    Dan said:
    *snip*
    Hmm darker orange for MS staff now? That's rather more subtle than the windows flag.

It shouldn't be too painful; it's a beginners book. That's what I keep telling myself.
    blowdart wrote:

blue on (primarily) red... You can't honestly tell me that's been approved be a designer.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Minh said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*
    blowdart wrote:

blue on (primarily) red... You can't honestly tell me that's been approved be a designer.
    I assumed it was moderators, not MS employees.

• User profile image
    jamie

W3bbo said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*
    I assumed it was moderators, not MS employees.
    its not red... its mango

http://www.lipink.com/Lipstick-Mango-p/sc-12.htm

Tongue Out

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.