Coffeehouse Thread

2 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Live mesh syncing when not signed in?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    webmonkey

I haven't been signing in to the live mesh client at work this week (and it doesn't remember my username/password) so it's not auto sign in.

I got home yesterday to find some files I'd edited at work were listed in my news feed, I thought I must have signed in and just completely erased it from memory. But today I made sure i didn't sign in, and sure enough, files have been updated.

So I just signed out of the client at home, threw a file into one of my synced folders, logged into the online desktop and there it is (took about a minute to appear though).

WTF?
    Is this supposed to happen?

• User profile image
    dahat

Yes.

If you think that's interesting, sign out of Mesh on one PC, sign in as another user on the same PC and then add a file to a folder that is mapped to the local machine by the first user.

Strange yes with some interesting implications, though I'm a rather big fan of it as it's a wonderful departure IMO from the way Shared Folders are currently implemented in Live Messenger where files only get synced when you are logged in.

If via Messenger you can send/receive messages while one of the contacts is offline... why shouldn't you be able to do the same with files? Mesh gives you that option.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.