Coffeehouse Thread

66 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

MS Super ROCK!! New Windows Live Betas – Download Wave 3 Now!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Dovella

    From Liveside.net

    With the Windows Live Wave 3 beta due to start today, we thought we’d provide our readers with a small headstart on the rest of the world. Here’s the download links for the new Wave 3 suite of applications, including Messenger v9, Windows Live Movie Maker, Mail with Calendar synchronisation, Writer, Photo Gallery, Family Safety and the Outlook Connector. For the paranoid amongst you, yes the files are hosted on download.microsoft.com.

    http://tinyurl.com/liveside-wlwave3web (only downloads the applications you select)
    image

     

    Continue

  • User profile image
    Ion Todirel

    Dovella please stop this, we all are subscribed to different kind of RSS feeds, we don't need you to tell us what's new, especially if it's coming from you, sorry if it sounds harshly, hope you understand...

  • User profile image
    Bas

    I'm all ready to be dissapointed!

  • User profile image
    ManipUni

    Bas said:
    I'm all ready to be dissapointed!
    Thanks for the link. 

  • User profile image
    Sven Groot

    So where did these rumours that Messenger 9 was going to use WPF come from? Because it most certainly is not.

  • User profile image
    Dovella

    Sven Groot said:
    So where did these rumours that Messenger 9 was going to use WPF come from? Because it most certainly is not.
    Generic Forum Image

    Generic Forum Image

    Generic Forum Image



  • User profile image
    Bas

    So, in summation: they managed to make Movie Maker less useful than the one that already comes with Vista or XP. Contrary to suggestions and vague accusations by Microsoft staff there's nothing spectacular going on with Messenger, and Photo Gallery uses a faces feature that I'll use exactly once.

    At least the calendar is finally usable. Only took them two years or so.



    Congrats, guys. You managed to meet my expectations exactly. Damn it.

  • User profile image
    blowdart

    Bas said:
    So, in summation: they managed to make Movie Maker less useful than the one that already comes with Vista or XP. Contrary to suggestions and vague accusations by Microsoft staff there's nothing spectacular going on with Messenger, and Photo Gallery uses a faces feature that I'll use exactly once.

    At least the calendar is finally usable. Only took them two years or so.



    Congrats, guys. You managed to meet my expectations exactly. Damn it.
    Don't forget the Vista versions will remain installed too, so you have two applications for the price of one!

  • User profile image
    Bas

    blowdart said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    Don't forget the Vista versions will remain installed too, so you have two applications for the price of one!
    Yes! I hope they won't remove the shortcuts to the Vista version, because that would make things way too clear.

  • User profile image
    blowdart

    Bas said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*
    Yes! I hope they won't remove the shortcuts to the Vista version, because that would make things way too clear.
    Or remove them from autoruns! I really need 2 different import options to 2 different gallery programes when I plug my camera in

  • User profile image
    Pace

    blowdart said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    Or remove them from autoruns! I really need 2 different import options to 2 different gallery programes when I plug my camera in
    Microsoft ftw o/

  • User profile image
    dentaku

    Dovella, when you post something, make it clear that you are quoting text from somewhere else and that YOU didn't write it.

    I've seen enough of your posts (and there are many) to know that it wasn't written by you because you don't speak english that well but it would still be nice if you made sure everybody knows they are not YOUR words.

  • User profile image
    dentaku

    blowdart said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    Or remove them from autoruns! I really need 2 different import options to 2 different gallery programes when I plug my camera in
    I would love if they hid the old Photo Gallery from Autoplay but first they need to fix the problem with Autoplay that I found this week.

    http://channel9.msdn.com/forums/Coffeehouse/428115-Live-Photo-Gallery-Autoplay-Import-problem-Grrr-help/

  • User profile image
    stevo_

    dentaku said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*
    I would love if they hid the old Photo Gallery from Autoplay but first they need to fix the problem with Autoplay that I found this week.

    http://channel9.msdn.com/forums/Coffeehouse/428115-Live-Photo-Gallery-Autoplay-Import-problem-Grrr-help/
    Its like when Vista launched and someone put an image together showing how all the standard apps all looked completely different to each other.. its like they just stick whatever is the latest idea.. I know theres not going to be something that fits everything well, but theres got to be at least some visual theme that exists between them..

  • User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

    stevo_ said:
    dentaku said:
    *snip*
    Its like when Vista launched and someone put an image together showing how all the standard apps all looked completely different to each other.. its like they just stick whatever is the latest idea.. I know theres not going to be something that fits everything well, but theres got to be at least some visual theme that exists between them..
    Windows Live Installer:  Installing Choice Guard?  What in the world is Choice Guard?

  • User profile image
    Sven Groot

    Ugh!

    The WLM9 message window looks horrid. It wastes huge amount of space, and is flipped around for no good reason. I hope this isn't the final version.

  • User profile image
    vesuvius

    Sven Groot said:
    Ugh!

    The WLM9 message window looks horrid. It wastes huge amount of space, and is flipped around for no good reason. I hope this isn't the final version.

    It is all rather grotesque, I was expecting something more refined. The colours are truely awful. I'm removing this and going back to the previous version.

  • User profile image
    tfraser

    Sven Groot said:
    Ugh!

    The WLM9 message window looks horrid. It wastes huge amount of space, and is flipped around for no good reason. I hope this isn't the final version.

    Is it possible to collapse the space on the left? I can live with the rest of it so long as that can be hidden.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.