Coffeehouse Thread

2 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Live Photo Gallery Autoplay Import problem Grrr... help

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    dentaku

2 days ago I found that the photo importer for Windows Live Photo Gallery (which is so much better than the default one) was broken so I un-installed WLPG then re-installed it and now it works again.
    Yesterday I was setting up a brand new system and the same thing happened.

When you choose WLPG from autoplay to import photos from a memory card it gives you this error:
    This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel.

It seems to have happened after doing an update. I see this morning that "Update For Windows Live Photo Gallery KB 955359" showed up and I'm pretty sure it's the culprit.

QUESTIONS:
    Do any of you have the same problem?
    Why does this update show up at all considering the it's a fix for XP and I'm running Vista32?

Maybe this update isn't meant to show up for Vista users but for some reason it is and in turn it breaks WLPG.

• User profile image
    dentaku

I just got a response from Windows Live Photo Gallery Technical Support and it actually has useful information on it!

I understand that you encountered an error trying to import pictures from the auto play menu informing you that file does not have a program associated with it. You were only able to fix this by reinstalling the program. You know that there is nothing wrong with the file association since the Photo Gallery works fine and recognizes the files. You also want to know why you are being prompted to update Windows Live Photo Gallery KB 955359 when this update is for Windows XP while you are using Windows Vista.  I know how this is important to you. Allow me to explain the situation

I am sad to inform you that what you encountered is a known issue with Windows Live Photo Gallery after installing the updates. The Product Team is aware of this issue and is actively working on the case. I would like to give you a more definitive answer, but at this time the problem is under investigation, and we do not yet have a definite timeframe for a resolution.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this situation may have caused you. Please know that our team is prioritizing all known issues, including this one, and we're striving to resolve this matter in the timeliest manner possible.

As for the KB 955359 update, you are getting this probably because of the way your computer detects and downloads updates from Microsoft. I am not sure how this works. I would not advise you to install the update because it really is not meant for your Operating System. Did you install the update?

If you have follow-up questions, please feel free to write us back through this message.

We appreciate your continued support as we strive to provide you with the highest quality service available.  Thank you for using Windows Live Photo Gallery. Have a great day.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.