Coffeehouse Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

"Play All" on Vista is dangerous

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    ManipUni

I really love the "Play All" option on Vista... When it works...
    But when it randomly faults and launches 236 instances of my default Media Player eating up all of the system's available RAM, CPU, and thrashing the hard disk I like it a little less... Particularly given the fact that it does no sanity checking warning you that it is opening 236 processes or the fact that both CTRL ALT Delete and Taskman die under all of these processes.

I love having to hard restart the system because I was foolish enough for pushing Play All. Silly me.

• User profile image
    tfraser

I'm fairly certain that when you tried to do this in Windows XP it would ask you to confirm the action before proceeding. It seems that this must have been removed for Vista.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

tfraser said:

I'm fairly certain that when you tried to do this in Windows XP it would ask you to confirm the action before proceeding. It seems that this must have been removed for Vista.

No, it's the XP sidebar task "Play all" rather than just hitting <Enter> when you've got ~200 items selected in Explorer.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.