Coffeehouse Thread

65 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

No more Seinfeld ads?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Bass

Dovella said:
    tfraser said:
    *snip*
    At this moment have  1000 Eur to thrown,

I have 3 PC

1st  Intel quad core 9550 , 8gb Ram Nvidia 8800 GTX on Mb Asus p5n 650 SLI.   on monitor Dell Ultrasharp  27 in DVi S-Pva , Vista x 64 Ultimate Sp1

2nd  Notebook Dell XPS  with Vista Ultima x86  sp1

3  PC made in 2002/3 with

Asus p4p800  Intel P IV 2,4 ghz 1,5 gb ddr 400 and Nvidia 7600 GS   Vista Ultimate x86  SP1  (update to leater Ram and Gpu) on Acer Monitor

I have Samsung Omnia with Windows Mobile 6.1

in every one of these PCs do not have the slightest problem ,

Using photoshop without problems, do video editing without problems, listening to music without problems, use the Internet without problems ,
    I synced all my mail into and out smoothly with Live (free)
    I synced my mobile without problem
    use the best Open Source software without problems
    I have a streaming video throughout my house that is extraordinary
    Play the best game without problems
    I have all software available in the world
    I decide if I change GPU, CPu, Ram, Mb etc.

I said as the first i have  1000 Eur to thrown,

damn me 1 reason to get a Mac

one reason

I don't know if Apple is doing this anymore, but in the USA for $999 you could have gotten a Macbook with a Core Duo processor and a free iPod Touch. Apple laptops have better build quality and domestic tech support. One is also interesting is you can go into any Apple store and schedule an appointment with a "genius", for tech support issues, free of charge. I think that makes Apple much more appealing for computer illiterate users. For developers, you basically need an Apple machine if you want to do Cocoa or iPhone development. I'm starting to see a lot job oppertunities now that ask for this, it's always good broaden your horizons imo.

• User profile image
    wisemx
  • User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

stevo_ said:
    matthews said:
    *snip*
    I really doubt they got pulled, do you realize how much work goes into each ad and how long ago they were probably made. If they are moving onto something else then that was decided way way way before people saw these ones..

I'll wait and see what happens and see if its any good vs analysing thin air..
    The New York Times reports that there will be ads with Bill Gates with other celebrities, and that this is just the end of the celebrity ads which featue Seinfeld. Valleywag is assuming because Microsoft called up news sources and notified them about how their campaign was moving into a new phase, that means they cancelled whatever they had and moved to th e new phase early.

• User profile image
    Bas

wisemx said:

Alright, I gotta admit, those multiple devices ads are pretty neat:

Generic Forum Image

• User profile image
    tfraser

Bas said:
    wisemx said:
    *snip*

Alright, I gotta admit, those multiple devices ads are pretty neat:

Generic Forum Image

What would have been good is if they slipped in a few Macs between the other devices; they run Windows too after all.

• User profile image
    Bas

tfraser said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    What would have been good is if they slipped in a few Macs between the other devices; they run Windows too after all.
    That would have been neat. I like the way you think.

• User profile image
    Ray7

tfraser said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    Genius

• User profile image
    Dovella

wisemx said:
    and new Video Spot?

• User profile image
    Dovella

Bass said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*
    I don't know if Apple is doing this anymore, but in the USA for $999 you could have gotten a Macbook with a Core Duo processor and a free iPod Touch. Apple laptops have better build quality and domestic tech support. One is also interesting is you can go into any Apple store and schedule an appointment with a "genius", for tech support issues, free of charge. I think that makes Apple much more appealing for computer illiterate users. For developers, you basically need an Apple machine if you want to do Cocoa or iPhone development. I'm starting to see a lot job oppertunities now that ask for this, it's always good broaden your horizons imo.
    Dell support in Italy is number One  (littleguru  testimonial)
    for the rest, in my PC there I only put your hands.
    Cocoa ? im user not developers.

PS i pay my Dell 799 Eur.

• User profile image
    stevo_

Bas said:
    stevo_ said:
    *snip*

So what was the whole "No wait guys, the first one is just the introduction to a series" thing about? A series of one?
    I just don't think they got pulled, pulled suggests a panic and rapid change of plans.. I don't think Microsoft are likely to do that, anything they do would of been planned out for sometime. Our sister company is design and advertising and I know this much, it takes a long time for marketing things to happen..

• User profile image
    jason818_25​3.33

stevo_ said:
    matthews said:
    *snip*
    I really doubt they got pulled, do you realize how much work goes into each ad and how long ago they were probably made. If they are moving onto something else then that was decided way way way before people saw these ones..

I'll wait and see what happens and see if its any good vs analysing thin air..
    I disagree. they pulled those adds after they found out people just did not like or connect with them.

I have to hand it to Microsoft and give them some credit for going out on a limb and trying something new. they cant stay complacent. the more out there the adds can be the better. Remember the cheesy car sales man with the velvet jacket and ten gallon cow boy hat who said "come on down to joes". well microsoft needs something like that. edjy, sofisticated, memrable. it works.

I think with the adds they tried to associate microsoft with food and shoes. because every one eats and almost every one wears shoes. but what about featuring something that not very many people do. Like spolunking, sky diving, or reading. but if your going to associate windows with food, make sure its a food every one likes, chiros? how about brokly, people hate borckly, associate Macs with brockoly. Green raw dry brockoly.

• User profile image
    Bas

Thinking about it a bit more... it suddenly started making sense. The first two ads were so bizarre that everyone is talking about them, either positively or negatively, and much more importantly, are now waiting to see what happens next.

If the new ads are what I think they are, then without introduction it would've just been another "your potential our passion" campaign. Cute, perhaps, but hardly noteworthy. But now, all eyes are turned on the rest of the campaign, and that's exactly what you want when advertising a product. It's a bizarre strategy, sure, but it might just work.

Edit: also, completely incomprehensible, bizarre ads have worked wonders before.

• User profile image
    stevo_

jason818_253.33 said:
    stevo_ said:
    *snip*
    I disagree. they pulled those adds after they found out people just did not like or connect with them.

I have to hand it to Microsoft and give them some credit for going out on a limb and trying something new. they cant stay complacent. the more out there the adds can be the better. Remember the cheesy car sales man with the velvet jacket and ten gallon cow boy hat who said "come on down to joes". well microsoft needs something like that. edjy, sofisticated, memrable. it works.

I think with the adds they tried to associate microsoft with food and shoes. because every one eats and almost every one wears shoes. but what about featuring something that not very many people do. Like spolunking, sky diving, or reading. but if your going to associate windows with food, make sure its a food every one likes, chiros? how about brokly, people hate borckly, associate Macs with brockoly. Green raw dry brockoly.
    Yep, they launched, saw people didn't get it, decided it was so bad they couldnt air anymore, concepted some new ideas.. picked a final idea, pushed it to production got everything out the door in about 2 weeks..

Wow.. thats some amazingly well optimized operations going on, sometimes we sit waiting a week for our client to decide is they want a hyphen between 2 words...

• User profile image
    Jason I

Now, it looks like they are NOT cancelling the ads...

http://gizmodo.com/5051682/microsoft-ads-featuring-bill-gates-and-jerry-seinfeld-not-canceled

Who to believe?

• User profile image
    jason818_25​3.33

Jason I said:

Now, it looks like they are NOT cancelling the ads...

http://gizmodo.com/5051682/microsoft-ads-featuring-bill-gates-and-jerry-seinfeld-not-canceled

Who to believe?

They are probably not pulled. i cant really imagine all that money being spent on a campain only to be pulled so soon.
    I would still like to see a senario where some one is offerd to use a mac or eat a plate of brokly to eat. I would choose to eat the brokley.

• User profile image
    stevo_

Could well be shocking enough that they actually run all these.. just as distinct themes.

• User profile image
    harumscarum

Maybe they just want it to be as confusing as windows live.

• User profile image
    Turbodad

wisemx said:
    You call this cool? Many people, me included, once more will have proof that Microsoft cannot come up with any new ideas, totally lacks any creativity, has no taste and relies on Apple being their "research department". You say cool, I say pathetic.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.