Coffeehouse Thread

60 posts

"I'm a PC" debuts

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • MasterPi

Here

I really like it. The subtle humor...no smugness.

The Mac v PC thing only lasted for 5 sec...the rest was all about the PC.

• Dovella

THX!!!

• littleguru

I like it too... refreshing.

• MasterPi

littleguru said:
    I like it too... refreshing.
    Shall we have champaigne? Dovella?

• Dovella

mVPstar said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*
    Shall we have champaigne? Dovella?
    Big Smile

PS  official page

• littleguru

It took me so much work to finally kick the campaign off today.

But it's rolling now - haha Big Smile Wink

• MasterPi

Dovella said:
    mVPstar said:
    *snip*
    Big Smile

PS  official page
    There is another TV spot called "I'm a PC: I'm not alone" on the Presspack site Dovella posted.

EDIT: And another one called "I'm a PC: I'm a stereotype"

• Dovella

littleguru said:

Nice photo!

• MasterPi

littleguru said:

I hope they paid you overtime.

Big Smile

• MasterPi

Dovella said:
    THX!!!

Not enough champaigne Dovella. One isn't good enough for all us PCs.

• Bass

Apple has been outright lying about Windows, so I am happy for Microsoft fighting back. Go Microsoft! I

• Dovella

Selling WIndows

Paul T.

The future of Windows is on devices and the Web

OK, we all know Windows is a huge success, but consider the following facts and figures. Despite years of expensive advertising, Apple still controls less than 4 percent of the worldwide market for PC sales. Meanwhile, the Windows division at Microsoft generated almost $17 billion in revenues in the company's most recent fiscal year, with profits of more than $13 billion. That means that operating margin for Windows is, get this, a whopping 77 percent. Put another way, the Windows business is a license to print money.

But the future is ever unfolding and today's dominant product could be tomorrow's also-ran. In late 2007, Microsoft banded together a team to explore the future for Windows. Working under this codename FTP168 (for Free The People 24 X 7), this team began exploring how it could communicate all of the things that were possible using Windows on a PC, on the Web, and with a smart phone. The idea is that while the Windows experience today largely occurs on the PC, that won't always be the case. And various product teams at Microsoft are racing to ensure that Windows on the Web, and on mobile devices, is as useful and exciting as its more traditional PC brethren.

Continue

• dahat

I'm a PC and have a beard... and long hair... but don't sell fish.

Love the new campaign.

• Bass

dahat said:
    I'm a PC and have a beard... and long hair... but don't sell fish.

Love the new campaign.
    I think this campaign's goal was to kill the "Mac vs PC" commercials once and for all. I think if they spam this on TV it'll make it harder for Apple to produce more commercials in that style.

• Dovella

Bass said:
    dahat said:
    *snip*
    I think this campaign's goal was to kill the "Mac vs PC" commercials once and for all. I think if they spam this on TV it'll make it harder for Apple to produce more commercials in that style.
    I read  that you can make a photograph I'm PC and send it to Microsoft.
    Someone knows the e mail other info??

• brian.​shapiro

Dovella said:
    Bass said:
    *snip*
    I read  that you can make a photograph I'm PC and send it to Microsoft.
    Someone knows the e mail other info??
    Dovella you can make a video of yourself and they'll use it in ads they'll run on the web and on a jumbo screen in Times Square.

This is from the FAQ for the campaign

"

I have a Mac, can I participate?

Of course you can. A Mac can be a PC too, most notably when it runs Windows® VistaTM.

"

• Dovella

brian.shapiro said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*
    Dovella you can make a video of yourself and they'll use it in ads they'll run on the web and on a jumbo screen in Times Square.

This is from the FAQ for the campaign

"

I have a Mac, can I participate?

Of course you can. A Mac can be a PC too, most notably when it runs Windows® VistaTM.

"

Big Smile but i have Pc and i'm PC Wink

ps. only video  not photo??

edit see here

“I’m a PC” – Community, Not Competition
    Another major element of this next phase of the Windows marketing initiative is a series of television and Web ads called “Real PC”. The ads feature a diverse group of faces representing the one billion people who use Windows PCs worldwide, all celebrating the sense of power and community Windows enables by declaring: “I’m a PC.” The ads will feature green architect Edouard Francois, astronaut Bernard Harris and celebrities such as Eva Longoria and Deepak Chopra, but the main focus is on real PC users of all ages and from all walks of life, such as teachers, cabbies, designers and fish mongers.

Veghte describes how Windows users can join the community by creating their own spots. “One of the really fun things we’ve done is to create a series of ads called ‘I’m a PC’--and we’re enabling every PC user to upload their own I’m a PC spot,” he says. “So you can upload it and we’ll publish it and amplify it on windows.com and then we’ll do better than that – we’ll publish some of those I’m a PC spots in places like digital billboards in Times Square.”

Edit

PS PS.

New home page

Windows.com

GREATTTTTTT!!!!!

• brian.​shapiro

Dovella said:
    brian.shapiro said:
    *snip*
    Big Smile but i have Pc and i'm PC Wink

ps. only video  not photo??

edit see here

“I’m a PC” – Community, Not Competition
    Another major element of this next phase of the Windows marketing initiative is a series of television and Web ads called “Real PC”. The ads feature a diverse group of faces representing the one billion people who use Windows PCs worldwide, all celebrating the sense of power and community Windows enables by declaring: “I’m a PC.” The ads will feature green architect Edouard Francois, astronaut Bernard Harris and celebrities such as Eva Longoria and Deepak Chopra, but the main focus is on real PC users of all ages and from all walks of life, such as teachers, cabbies, designers and fish mongers.

Veghte describes how Windows users can join the community by creating their own spots. “One of the really fun things we’ve done is to create a series of ads called ‘I’m a PC’--and we’re enabling every PC user to upload their own I’m a PC spot,” he says. “So you can upload it and we’ll publish it and amplify it on windows.com and then we’ll do better than that – we’ll publish some of those I’m a PC spots in places like digital billboards in Times Square.”

Edit

PS PS.

New home page

Windows.com

GREATTTTTTT!!!!!

I want someone to upload a video where they say:

I'M A PC, AND I FILESERVE MICROSOFT WAREZ ON IRC

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.