Coffeehouse Thread

60 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

"I'm a PC" debuts

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    dahat

brian.shapiro said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*
    I want someone to upload a video where they say:

I'M A PC, AND I FILESERVE MICROSOFT WAREZ ON IRC
    What is stoping you from making that yourself? ... other perhaps than the FBI and BSA knocking at your door soon after? Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Sabot

brian.shapiro said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*
    I want someone to upload a video where they say:

I'M A PC, AND I FILESERVE MICROSOFT WAREZ ON IRC

I'm a PC ... I like beer and girls!

• User profile image
    corona_coder

I like the ads.  They are funny.  They could have left out the blogger for Obama.  I like the broadcaster for President McCain.

• User profile image
    corona_coder

corona_coder said:
    I like the ads.  They are funny.  They could have left out the blogger for Obama.  I like the broadcaster for President McCain.
    Im a PC and I represent freedom and a superior line of computing

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

... Hmmm... I don't like it. But less than previous attempt.

1. What exactly means "PC"? Usually it's just a piece of hardware. OS? Any. Even "targeted" OSX. "PC+BillGates"? Then "PC" means "Windows".
    2. I hate any ad with repeated slogans like "it kills 99% of bacteria, it kills 99% of bacteria, it kills 99% of bacteria... I said, it kills! Even if your got a bacteria then you still have 1%."
    3. I hate 99.9999999% of all adverts. Nothing personal to MS. I block then all.

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    magicalclick

I am glad MS counters annoying Apple lies, especially I like them not being a jack * like Apple guy. MS is certainly mature about this. I am proud of them.

But still, I think Vista could be better. I hope Win7 can really deliever something really nice and new on GUI. Windows GUI is getting old.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Bas

BlackTiger said:
    ... Hmmm... I don't like it. But less than previous attempt.

1. What exactly means "PC"? Usually it's just a piece of hardware. OS? Any. Even "targeted" OSX. "PC+BillGates"? Then "PC" means "Windows".
    2. I hate any ad with repeated slogans like "it kills 99% of bacteria, it kills 99% of bacteria, it kills 99% of bacteria... I said, it kills! Even if your got a bacteria then you still have 1%."
    3. I hate 99.9999999% of all adverts. Nothing personal to MS. I block then all.
    I hate 99.9999999% of all adverts. Nothing personal to MS. I block then all.

But I bet that doesn't stop you from consuming the stuff they pay for so you can watch it for free, huh?

• User profile image
    BorekB

Did you notice Bill's email?

• User profile image
    La Bomba

BorekB said:
    Did you notice Bill's email?
    bill@windows.com

Not his actual email address, this is probably filtered.

• User profile image
    BorekB

La Bomba said:
    BorekB said:
    *snip*
    bill@windows.com

Sure, I just find it cool that they show email addresses of MS employees (well, if you can call Bill like that Smiley

• User profile image
    Dovella

La Bomba said:
    BorekB said:
    *snip*
    bill@windows.com

i send Mail

and this is reply

this is an exciting time… wait, you know what? it’s always an exciting time. i am as excited and passionate about Microsoft as i was when we were Micro-soft. the goal never changes for us, so everyday seems like the first day, and the first day was really just about one thing: connecting people.

maybe this didn’t answer your question at all. but I wanted to say it anyway. i mean, this is an auto-response email. and i will try to answer a few of them, but they will all say the same exact thing…

this is an amazing company. and, yes, the future really is delicious.

Mmmmmm…

Bill

Wink

• User profile image
    dentaku

littleguru said:
    It took me so much work to finally kick the campaign off today.

But it's rolling now - haha Big Smile Wink
    Hey littleguru, your pants are falling!

• User profile image
    Dovella

dentaku said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*
    Hey littleguru, your pants are falling!
    No!
    Italian tendence

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

Bas said:
    BlackTiger said:
    *snip*

But I bet that doesn't stop you from consuming the stuff they pay for so you can watch it for free, huh?
    Not my problem.

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Bas

BlackTiger said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    Not my problem.
    Exactly what I thought.

Ontopic: I've now seen the ad, and it looks good, although I still think it's more bland and less noticable than the Seinfeld ads. I still don't see what the whole "Shoe circus was an introduction" thing meant. It had absolutely nothing to do with this new ad. Bet we won't hear an explanation about that mystery on the Windows Vista blog.

What I would have liked to see was name and profession labels for everyone in the ad. It's that I had seen a picture of Deepak Chopra in his office leading up to this ad, otherwise I would have had no idea whatsoever who that guy was. I'm pretty sure I missed a couple more celebrities in there.

I loved that "I have a beard..." *awkward pause* guy, by the way.

• User profile image
    wisemx

Love it. Big Smile

I'm a PC and I make sure U.S. Troops come home with Respect and Honor. Ooh Rah

• User profile image
    Dovella

wisemx said:
    Love it. Big Smile

I'm a PC and I make sure U.S. Troops come home with Respect and Honor. Ooh Rah

wisemx your video? Black Tiger, MVPstar??La Bomba?

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

Dovella said:
    wisemx said:
    *snip*

wisemx your video? Black Tiger, MVPstar??La Bomba?
    Huh... Errr... Hmmm...?
    Do you mean ?
    "Fighter for freedom" now called "terrorist"?

No. Not quite. I prefer to see all three sides of coin.

It's not my problem because it's not my problem... yet.
    When is will become my problem then I will work on it.

But what I really hate is way how adverts (american marketing) do brainwashing.

Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.