Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Jason I

BlackTiger said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*
    Huh... Errr... Hmmm...?
    Do you mean ?
    "Fighter for freedom" now called "terrorist"?

No. Not quite. I prefer to see all three sides of coin.

It's not my problem because it's not my problem... yet.
    When is will become my problem then I will work on it.

But what I really hate is way how adverts (american marketing) do brainwashing.

I think we need an update to Godwin's law:

"As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

To this:

"As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Terrorists or Terrorism approaches one."

• User profile image
    Jason I

My wife's comment: 

"Look! A Microsoft commercial that actually makes sense! Why did it take them three years?"

• User profile image
    Jason I

Jason I said:
    My wife's comment: 

"Look! A Microsoft commercial that actually makes sense! Why did it take them three years?"
    The interesting thing about this commercial: Mac vs. PC commercials just feed into this campaign.

As my wife mentioned, it's a shame it took them three years to do this.

What was the cause of the inertia? And has Microsoft overcome it?

• User profile image
    hordak3000

Jason I said:
    Jason I said:
    *snip*
    The interesting thing about this commercial: Mac vs. PC commercials just feed into this campaign.

As my wife mentioned, it's a shame it took them three years to do this.

What was the cause of the inertia? And has Microsoft overcome it?
    but how will the adventures of bill and jerry continue? i was quite eager to see what happens after they started connecting with normal people. now it seems we will never see what was the big picture behind the bill and jerry spots. i will have to chew on this for quite a while i think.

• User profile image
    Ray7

I'm surprised.

I actually liked it.

It showed the kind of class that has been lacking in Apple's ads for years.

It reminded me that while the computer manufacturers  moaned about Vista doing nothing for their sales, they did (and are still doing) very little themselves.

I'd suggest that Microsoft get this person to say a few words ... but I think that would be tacky.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Jason I said:
    My wife's comment: 

My wife on Apple ads.

"I don't get it."

• User profile image
    jason818_25​3.33

Bas said:
    BlackTiger said:
    *snip*

But I bet that doesn't stop you from consuming the stuff they pay for so you can watch it for free, huh?
    Im a PC. I eat tacos!

• User profile image
    matthews

hordak3000 said:
    Jason I said:
    *snip*
    but how will the adventures of bill and jerry continue? i was quite eager to see what happens after they started connecting with normal people. now it seems we will never see what was the big picture behind the bill and jerry spots. i will have to chew on this for quite a while i think.
    "What's the deal with everyone calling themselves PCs now?"

• User profile image
    jason818_25​3.33

matthews said:
    hordak3000 said:
    *snip*
    "What's the deal with everyone calling themselves PCs now?"
    Its like the flood gates have been opend. all the pent up anxiety over being a pc is finaly being recognized. its now cool to be a pc. well... it was always cool to be a pc but now finaly people will know. its like a giant coming out of the closet party. and i still eat tacos.

I'm a PC and i where glasses.

• User profile image
    Turbodad

jason818_253.33 said:
    matthews said:
    *snip*
    Its like the flood gates have been opend. all the pent up anxiety over being a pc is finaly being recognized. its now cool to be a pc. well... it was always cool to be a pc but now finaly people will know. its like a giant coming out of the closet party. and i still eat tacos.

I'm a PC and i where glasses.
    PC, I'm a Mac. I hate to break the news to you, but you need to get a spell checker.

• User profile image
    Dovella

boys, some of you have noticed if they added another video or are always the same in windows.com?

I upload video today  14:30  , now 22:20    No my video Sad

• User profile image
    Dovella

Ray7 said:
    I'm surprised.

I actually liked it.

It showed the kind of class that has been lacking in Apple's ads for years.

It reminded me that while the computer manufacturers  moaned about Vista doing nothing for their sales, they did (and are still doing) very little themselves.

I'd suggest that Microsoft get this person to say a few words ... but I think that would be tacky.

I disagree with the whole speech, but especially here

I do not know who may have problems with this gentleman Microsoft ,
    but at least for what I am concerned, I am a consumer User
    and I have always found the highest availability and beyond in this company that I can consider family

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

I like the ads.  Really great work by Microsoft.  Here are some of my thoughts on it as well as some thoughts on Google chrome.

Link

• User profile image
    Dovella

Nice work for Long Z.

I'M a PC video Browser

• User profile image
    jamie

Dovella said:
    Ray7 said:
    *snip*

and I have always found the highest availability and beyond in this company that I can consider family
    i agreed with the whole speech.

it basically says - both corporations are putting too much emphasis on lock in so the only difference becomes price.

if and when google - brings out a branded ubuntu or other - with chrome kiosk UI - ...free ... with no anti-consumer anything - both apple and ms - will have to re-think all their activation, big media limitations etc...

wouldnt it be great - if one of said companies - did it first - to get the momentum (its inevitable anyway)

windows - without walls.   WOW!

edit: even if google doesnt - someone will - like GOS and its minions.  Just picture OEMs - you mean i just load this for free?
    So apple and ms will adjust...  all im saying is - ADJUST first!

*rip all the crap out = trust = high road = profit  Tongue Out

• User profile image
    wisemx
  • User profile image
    Ray7

jamie said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*
    i agreed with the whole speech.

it basically says - both corporations are putting too much emphasis on lock in so the only difference becomes price.

if and when google - brings out a branded ubuntu or other - with chrome kiosk UI - ...free ... with no anti-consumer anything - both apple and ms - will have to re-think all their activation, big media limitations etc...

wouldnt it be great - if one of said companies - did it first - to get the momentum (its inevitable anyway)

windows - without walls.   WOW!

edit: even if google doesnt - someone will - like GOS and its minions.  Just picture OEMs - you mean i just load this for free?
    So apple and ms will adjust...  all im saying is - ADJUST first!

*rip all the crap out = trust = high road = profit  Tongue Out
    Now you're just picking what you believe to be the lesser of three evils.

Jamie said:

Is there anything more 'anti-consumer' than hording other people's data and using it to track them across the internet? Is there anything more 'anti-consumer' than reading emails and keeping them for all time, even after the original owner has deleted them?

• User profile image
    Ray7

Dovella said:
    Ray7 said:
    *snip*

That's odd,  because I thought that she summed up both companies pretty accurately.

The only thing that really separates them is the marketing and the reaction from religions against which the comments were made.

I admire the woman's courage for speaking out against the Jobsian era (I really think the sooner he goes the better) and can only imagine the kind of hate mail she must have gotten.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.